Go Back   Hardware Canucks > HARDWARE > CPU's and Motherboards

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old September 22, 2010, 05:50 AM
MVP

My System Specs

Default Gigabyte software utilities

Has anyone used the Gigabyte software utilities that come with the motherboard - comments and reviews? Suggestions, alternatives?

Xpress Recovery 2; Q-flash; Easy Tune 6; Dynamic Energy Saver 2; Q-share; Smart 6; Auto Green; and eXtreme Hard Drive (XHD)

TIA!
Old September 22, 2010, 06:07 AM
HardwareCanuck Review Editor

Check out our mobo reviews. We go over all of them in there.
Old September 22, 2010, 06:34 AM
MVP

My System Specs

I read the reviews of the motherboards and while they give an overview of the software they don't really tell you if they are worth the hard drive space to download them or if there are better alternatives. I read somewhere in this forum not to use the @BIOS program, so I am trying to get a feel from people who have use these programs what their thoughts are.
Old September 22, 2010, 08:43 AM

My System Specs

I used @bios all the time. I have never flashed a Gigabyte motherboard bios any other way. Works great. It is the only bit of their software I use though.
Old September 22, 2010, 10:31 AM
Banned
F@H

easy tune and saver on a daily basis. they actually work. in saver itll show you how much you are saving. now if you were to plug your killawatt(or similar) to the wall and check, you can actually see the numbers drop slightly(especially under load) when you turn it om :)
Old September 22, 2010, 10:54 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

same as lowfat i use@bios all the time works great never one messed up bios yet.