Go Back   Hardware Canucks > HARDWARE > CPU's and Motherboards

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old September 16, 2010, 10:45 AM
Rookie

Default Intel® Precision Cooling Technology®

Intel®'s DP55KG user guide states that it has Intel® Precision Cooling Technology®--which is thermally monitored closed-loop fan control for ALL onboard fans. I have a couple of questions I hope I can get answered:

1) Do I need to buy PWM (Pulse-width modulation) fans for this technology? I can't find anything about what kind of fans this board requires. Any suggestions as to which specific ultra-quiet 120mm fans will work would be appreciated.

2) Are there any other overclockable $150-$250 1156 boards that will automatically control the speed of ALL fans based on cpu and board temps? I don't want a software or hardware add-on solution. I want an automatic mobo/bios controlled solution. The DP55KG is the only board I can find that seems to control all the fans but it isn't the greatest board for over clocking, so alternatives would be appreciated.

cheers.