Go Back   Hardware Canucks > HARDWARE > CPU's and Motherboards

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old July 16, 2010, 04:47 PM
Top Prospect

My System Specs

Default P7P55D Deluxe with Mushkin Ram

I'm buying a new computer in a week or two and am going to be using the Asus P7P55D deluxe, I have taken a look at the QVL list on the asus website for ram and noticed only two kits of ram were tested. I would just like to know if I am able to use ram that is not and the list and if I will run into to any problems using them. This is the kit I would like to use.

Canada Computers - Mushkin Blackline 4GB (2x2GB) DDR3 1600MHz CL8 DIMM Optimized for Core i5 & AM3 (996744)

Any help is appreciated.
Old July 16, 2010, 05:14 PM
Top Prospect

You should be fine with using this kit as Mushkin makes very high quality ram modules. FYI motherboard makers don't test all of the available ram modules out on the market because of the sheer amount of different speeds & capacities to choose from and it would take a huge amount of time and effort to do so.
Old July 16, 2010, 05:27 PM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

Smile CPUs and Motherboards

+1 for the Mushkin ram. I've used some that weren't listed for my mobo, and had no problems what so ever. My P6X58D-E doesn't list my Mushkin 1866 ram, and it works just fine. Excellent memory, never been disappointed with Mushkin, EVER!!! Never heard of anyone who has. We were building a new unit for a friend and got a complete kit that was DOA. Vendor tested, replaced without any -ive comments. The tech only said that he'd never had dead Mushkin b4. If you're an overclocker, these are one of the brands to own.

Edit: forgot to mention that the vendor was Canada Computers.