Go Back   Hardware Canucks > HARDWARE > CPU's and Motherboards

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old July 14, 2010, 09:32 AM
Rookie

Default LGA 1366 mobo with 3 pci ports?

i think I asked this question before.. but I forget..

I'm looking for a i7 mobo with 3 PCI slots (and preferably 2 pci-e 16x slots, but less important)

why? because i need at the very least 2 pci slots for my sound cards (audio recording)
and i would prefer to have my wireless card in a pci slot rather then usb.
that way I at least keep the option open of swapping my wireless card for a 3rd sound card.

but all i see at the moment are cards with 2 pci slots

I know I can convert a pci x1 slot into a regular pci slot, but I want to avoid that if possible for clutter reasons.

oh, and preferably in the sub $300 range.. though I am willing to spend more if there is a substantial improvement. (a USB 3.0 slot maybe? lol)

any motherboard suggestions are greatly appreciated :)

p.s. I did search, but Usually I get things like "2x PCI, 3x Pci-e"

Old July 14, 2010, 09:36 AM
F@H

My System Specs

How many PCI-E slots do you want or need?
Old July 14, 2010, 09:44 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Why not use a pci-e wireless adapter and in case you want to add another sound card, it could also be a pci-e sound card ?

I am sorry if what I am saying doesn't make any sense, I know virtually nothing (the virtually is just to make me feel good) about sound cards, so maybe there is a logical reason as to why you wouldn't want one that uses pci-e.
Old July 14, 2010, 09:59 AM
Banned
F@H

My System Specs

Newegg.ca - Computer Hardware,Motherboards,Intel Motherboards,LGA 1366,3
Old July 14, 2010, 10:06 AM
Rookie

wow, those were some fast replies, thanks guys!

Arinoth: as I said (though might have glanced over it) i would like at least 2 16X incase I ever want to go SLI, but it's not important.

Kilauea: i havent seen any pic-e wireless cards or sound cards.. (and evens if they did exist I doubt they would have 10 inputs each) thanks for the suggestion though :)

Zero82z: woo!!! thank you!, though my experience asrock wasn't that great of a company... but livable. thanks again!
Old July 14, 2010, 10:42 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Here is for the pci-e wireless adapter: NCIX.com - Buy Network Adapters In Canada.

Now, as I stated I am not too knowledgeable regarding the sound cards, so I am unsure of what you mean regarding the inputs, but you can still have a look here: NCIX.com - Buy Sound Cards In Canada.
Old July 14, 2010, 12:23 PM
Rookie

thanks, they defiantly seemed to have adapted more cards for the pci-e range since I last checked.

and what I mean - 10 inputs so I can record lets say - piano, vocals, 2 guitars, and a drumkit (2 mices overhead, 1 on the snare, one on the kick) and two room mics. and have them all record onto thier individual tracks.

the card I have also has 10 outputs, so I can feed them into my mixer and mute or set levels thrue the mixer on each asigned channel

thanks guys!