Go Back   Hardware Canucks > HARDWARE > CPU's and Motherboards

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old July 1, 2010, 06:38 AM
Trial Member

Default need help plz... pc starts but no boot

i took out my heat sink and the prosseser came with it i put them back in after cleaning them and the computer turns on but the thinking light dont think and the computer dont boot up i have try'd takeing out everything and placeing them all back in and still same thing...

Hardware
Base processor
Athlon 64 (V) 3500+ 2.2 GHz
  • 2000 MT/s (mega transfers/second)
  • Socket 939

Chipset
ATI Radeon Xpress 200

Motherboard
  • Manufacturer: Asus
  • Motherboard Name: A8AE-LE
  • HP/Compaq motherboard name: AmberineM-GL6E

Memory
Component Attributes Memory Installed1 GB (2 x 512)Maximum allowed4 GB* (4 x 1 GB) requires the replacement of the installed 512 MB DIMMs

*Actual available memory may be lessSpeed supportedPC3200 MB/secType184 pin, DDR SDRAMDIMM slotsFourOpen DIMM slotsTwo

Hard drive
  • 200 GB SATA
  • 7200 rpm

16X DVD(+/-)R/RW DL LightScribe drive
  • must use Double-Layer media discs in order to take advantage of the DL technology
  • must use LightScribe-enabled media discs and supporting software in order to take advantage of the LightScribe technology
Port type Quantity DVD+R DL Write Once2.4XDVD+R Write Once16XDVD+RW Rewritable4XDVD-R Write Once8XDVD-RW Rewritable4XDVD ROM Read16XCD-R Write Once40XCD-RW Rewritable24XCD-ROM Read40X

Modem
PCI K56flex data/fax modem

Video Graphics
Integrated graphics

Sound/Audio
  • Controller: AC97 audio

Network (LAN)
Integrated 10/100 Base-T networking interface

Memory card reader
  • USB interface
  • Supports the following cards:
    • Compact Flash I
    • Compact Flash II
    • SmartMedia
    • Memory Stick
    • Memory Stick Pro
    • MultiMediaCard
    • Secure Digital (SD)
    • Micro Drive
    • XD Picture Card (xd = extreme digital)

External I/O ports
I/O ports on the front panel

Port type Quantity 9-in-1 (4 slot) + 1 USBOne1394OneUSBTwoHeadphoneOneLine-inOneMicrophoneOne
I/O ports on the back panel

Port type Quantity PS/2 (keyboard, mouse)Two VGAOne ParallelOne USBFour 1394One LANOne Audio (line-in, line-out, microphone)One each

Expansion slots (available)
Slot type Quantity PCIThree (Two available)PCI Express x16One (One available)DIMM SlotsFour (Two available)

Drive bays (available)
Bay type Quantity 5.25" externalTwo (One available)3.5" externalTwo (One available)3.5" internalOne (None available)

i dont know wat to do my computer is my life im a gamer i also have installed navidia GeForce 8400 gs..512mb video card...also have in it 512mb memory chips x2 and 1 1g memory chip..... PLEASE HELP... all i do is play games and dont want to get a new pc
Old July 1, 2010, 09:00 AM
Banned
F@H

did you bend/break any pins on the cpu? :)
Old July 3, 2010, 07:32 AM
Rookie

yeah, it is very possible that you've bend a few pins.
Old July 3, 2010, 09:59 AM
MVP

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by dr_dream View Post
yeah, it is very possible that you've bend a few pins.
Me and my friend did that with his amd cpu, but the pins bent back into place easily
Try not to bend them too much or the pins will break if there bent in the first place
Old July 3, 2010, 10:29 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

either bent pin or two or, which I have done more then once, the cpu isn't totally seated properly, I would pull the cpu and check the pins then reseat the cpu