Go Back   Hardware Canucks > HARDWARE > CPU's and Motherboards

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old April 30, 2010, 06:29 PM
Top Prospect
F@H

My System Specs

Default Your experience with Gigabytes RMA policy and performance? Gigabyte is a go!

I want to RMA my mobo to them, but I'm not sure how they perform in that process... the only thing I've ever RMA'd was an ipod 30gb to apple... and they gave me quite a good impression.

So are my expectations too high?
Old April 30, 2010, 06:33 PM
Hardware Canucks Reviewer

Gigabyte is very good at RMA's. On the average very easy to deal with and as long as the s/n shows it is in warranty...it IS in warranty! No need to "prove" it is in warranty (like some other companies do) with receipts or anything. This does help make the process fairly painless. IIRC you have to pay to ship the dead mobo to them, but they will ship either it repaired or a new one back to you free of charge. Expect a week or two delay (usually closer to one week then two) from the time the receive it to the time you get it back.

“if your opponent has a conscience, then follow Gandhi. But if you enemy has no conscience, like Hitler, then follow Bonhoeffer.” - Dr. MLK jr
Old April 30, 2010, 07:04 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

I have had a few gigabyte boards RMAed. turn around is usually 2-3 weeks.

Fill out the form from here. RMA

Everything is straight forward. Just make sure there is no noticeable physical damage or it be refused.
Old April 30, 2010, 09:37 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

I'm in the same boat as feerof. My bro's 770T UD3P crashes under Prime.

How should I package my motherboard? and What if the mobo that I sent to Gigabyte is not defective, then what will Gigabyte do?

-Plato
Old April 30, 2010, 11:13 PM
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcmaz View Post
How should I package my motherboard? and What if the mobo that I sent to Gigabyte is not defective, then what will Gigabyte do?
I did the original box + an outer box with bubble wrap in between. If there is NTF I believe there is some sort of surcharge (you'd had to look into it at gigabyte's site)

I've rma'd a board of mine that I possibly shorted out (not sure though). It was about 2 weeks once they got it.

Got the orignal board back, been going strong for 8 months or so. I wouldn't hesitate to buy anything gigabyte makes
Old May 1, 2010, 02:11 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

I had no issues with any RMA's I had with them; I thought I had but it turned out to be my own damn fault ahhaah. They were good!
DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in the immediately preceding post are those of encorp and do not reflect the views and/or opinions of family, friends, or anyone remotely associated with encorp unless explicitly stated. encorp does not make any warranty, express or implied, or assumes any liability or responsibility for the quality, factuality or use of information in the immediately preceding post.
Old May 1, 2010, 02:12 AM
Top Prospect
F@H

My System Specs

I'm glad to hear this guys =p I'm glad I'm hearing positive things about gigabytes warranty policy, because i did a quick google search and i got all these negative things about them... from slobbering thermal paste in the cpu socket, to replacing a spare board labeled as new back to the consumer.

I will get my board RMA'd asap.
Old May 1, 2010, 05:01 AM
Hardware Canucks Reviewer

Quote:
Originally Posted by feerof View Post
I'm glad to hear this guys =p I'm glad I'm hearing positive things about gigabytes warranty policy, because i did a quick google search and i got all these negative things about them... from slobbering thermal paste in the cpu socket, to replacing a spare board labeled as new back to the consumer.

I will get my board RMA'd asap.
Just to make sure you dont set your expectations too high....There is NO guarantees of getting a new board back. You may or may not get new. What you will get back (or at least should...there is always zingers) is a working mobo. Sometimes it is cheaper to repair your mobo and send it back rather then send a new one. IF it costs more to repair and there is no repaired ones in the depot you will get new. This is how it is for ALL mobo companies. ;)

“if your opponent has a conscience, then follow Gandhi. But if you enemy has no conscience, like Hitler, then follow Bonhoeffer.” - Dr. MLK jr
Old May 1, 2010, 06:02 PM
Top Prospect
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by AkG View Post
Just to make sure you dont set your expectations too high....There is NO guarantees of getting a new board back. You may or may not get new. What you will get back (or at least should...there is always zingers) is a working mobo. Sometimes it is cheaper to repair your mobo and send it back rather then send a new one. IF it costs more to repair and there is no repaired ones in the depot you will get new. This is how it is for ALL mobo companies. ;)
Ohhhh, that's cool still, as long as the port is fixed, and there are no other issues with the board, then I'm fine... since i haven't done any overclocking with this board, i won't know the difference... in a way i'm fooling myself LOL

thanks!
Old May 1, 2010, 06:17 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

What's wrong with your board feeof? Mine cannot sustain a 720BE on Prime95 in-place large ffts.

-Plato