Go Back   Hardware Canucks > HARDWARE > CPU's and Motherboards

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old April 28, 2010, 08:43 PM
Rookie

I dunno but for me, the 890FXA-UD5 from Gigabyte looks really attactive. The UD7 is too expensive for the little bit more you get I reckon.
Old April 29, 2010, 09:34 AM
F@H

My System Specs

GA-890FXA-UD5 (rev. 2.0) - GIGABYTE - Product - Motherboard - Overview

For sure this one when I eventually get the funding.

ST

"We know not why he calls for us, only that when he does we must answer" - DMP 2009

"Dear Iceberg, I am sorry to hear about global warming. Karma is a bitch. Signed - Titanic"

I would rather believe and find god doesn't exist than to not believe and find that he does.

www.realhardwarereviews.com
Old May 2, 2010, 02:26 PM
Rookie

Default Gigabyte GA-890FXA-UD7 Silent Pipe technology

I am intrigued with the gigabyte one and its silent pipe tech myself. Even though the asus looks cooler I think that the gigabyte would run cooler myself. I don't and will not mix water cooling and electricity ever. I one of those people that bad things happen too, wouldn't want to temp fate that way.
I was wondering if anyone seen a full review of that board yet would like to know how much heat the silent pipe draws out. Match this with a good case like the 840 cool master that has good air cooling bet it would overclock well. I hope someone does a review and post how much heat that thing pulls out of the case verse the heat pip not in case would be interesting.
Old May 2, 2010, 03:17 PM
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by bullseye69 View Post
I am intrigued with the gigabyte one and its silent pipe tech myself. Even though the asus looks cooler I think that the gigabyte would run cooler myself. I don't and will not mix water cooling and electricity ever. I one of those people that bad things happen too, wouldn't want to temp fate that way.
I was wondering if anyone seen a full review of that board yet would like to know how much heat the silent pipe draws out. Match this with a good case like the 840 cool master that has good air cooling bet it would overclock well. I hope someone does a review and post how much heat that thing pulls out of the case verse the heat pip not in case would be interesting.
The Silent Pipe I believe is good for 1-3 degrees off the NB all things considered.

ALthough it looks cool there are far more efficent ways of doing it. That being said I am still fond of the technology.

ST

"We know not why he calls for us, only that when he does we must answer" - DMP 2009

"Dear Iceberg, I am sorry to hear about global warming. Karma is a bitch. Signed - Titanic"

I would rather believe and find god doesn't exist than to not believe and find that he does.

www.realhardwarereviews.com