Go Back   Hardware Canucks > HARDWARE > CPU's and Motherboards

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old March 23, 2010, 08:09 PM
Allstar

My System Specs

Default AM3 motherboard

Getting a system together now. Have most of it purchased or planned out besides the main parts. I've decided on a 4GB of G.Skill ram, a Hyper 212, and a X4 965 for the processor (was looking at 955 but it's only a couple dollars cheaper with price matching). Don't really know about the motherboard though.

I was looking at the Gigabyte 890GPA-UD3H. I'd like the better Sata3 support and I don't care about multi-GPU support. Any better 890 offerings?

And you think AM3 will last much longer? AMD planning a socket refresh or anything in the near future?
Old March 24, 2010, 10:35 AM
F@H

My System Specs

One cannot predict what will come of AM3 but hopefully we'll see it be an AM3+ before AM4 ever shows its Face.

As for the 890 boards the GB one you have chosen should do the job very well. I don't have enough experience to say one way or the other on these.

The 890 is new enough to me.

ST

"We know not why he calls for us, only that when he does we must answer" - DMP 2009

"Dear Iceberg, I am sorry to hear about global warming. Karma is a bitch. Signed - Titanic"

I would rather believe and find god doesn't exist than to not believe and find that he does.

www.realhardwarereviews.com