Go Back   Hardware Canucks > HARDWARE > CPU's and Motherboards

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old October 24, 2007, 01:04 PM
Rookie

nah i cant wait till january, cuz by that time il be waiting for another better cpu to come out and itll keep going computers update too quick lol
Old October 24, 2007, 01:56 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by jap333 View Post
nah i cant wait till january, cuz by that time il be waiting for another better cpu to come out and itll keep going computers update too quick lol
lol thats my point if you plan on updating that quick why not just wait until then lol
Old October 24, 2007, 03:26 PM
Fallen Folder
F@H

Quote:
Originally Posted by jap333 View Post
now G0 stepping, is the latest types of intel cpus [quads and some duo's] that allow highest ammount of OC right? and VC means Voltage right?

lol i must say that awnser confused me much more than i'd like to admit
Usaully later cpu steppings (ie revisions) means lower voltage (VC= voltage to cpu) for the same oc as previous steppings (G0 is the most current for Q6600 and for most/all current intel quads i think), and sometimes means a higher max OC as well but not guaranteed. Higher VC will increase temps under load (+ power consumption) so without better cooling your max oc will be limited due hardware instability as temps go far > 60C.