Go Back   Hardware Canucks > HARDWARE > CPU's and Motherboards

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old October 21, 2007, 10:20 PM
Top Prospect

Default Good AMD/Ati 580x chipset Motherboard?

I've been reading about the following...

Asus M2R32-MVP

MSI K9A Platinum

DFI Infinity x3200

All reviews seem to be up and down. I want to start with one gpu and see what happens. I want a board that can be clocked well on air, for now. So it will have to have decent room for a cooler, et.

I have a brand new M2n-Sli deluxe now but I am selling that as I don't want any Intel/nvidia products.

Any one of these or other suggestions. Not over $150, so no Crosshair.

If a good deal can be had on a decent Amd mobo w/o xfire but has good oc'ing ability, by all means let me know please.

Thanks.

EDIT- mostly looking for personal experience or has a buddy who has one or whatever.
Old October 26, 2007, 01:06 PM
Top Prospect

The more I read about DFI the more I like them. They seem to have excellent clocking ability in general as the have so much of the BIOS unlocked and many options open to the clocker world.

Once I get my new rig fully together I'm going to do a series of mini reviews for my set up since there isn't a lot of information here on it as most people are Intel/Nvidia...just for kicks.

Last edited by qwerty; October 26, 2007 at 01:09 PM.