Go Back   Hardware Canucks > HARDWARE > CPU's and Motherboards

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old October 16, 2010, 08:24 PM
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by lowfat View Post
Just got a new one from RMA 3 days ago. So far so good w/ this one. Except for some reason my top video card is running @ PCIe x4. Not sure if it the videocard or the slot though.

Did you by chance stress the Card with Furmark to see if it runs at full X16. I know on some boards it actually downclocks the Slot till a load is applied.

Sorry to hear you got yourself a wierd set of luck on the boards Low.

ST

"We know not why he calls for us, only that when he does we must answer" - DMP 2009

"Dear Iceberg, I am sorry to hear about global warming. Karma is a bitch. Signed - Titanic"

I would rather believe and find god doesn't exist than to not believe and find that he does.

www.realhardwarereviews.com
Old October 16, 2010, 08:30 PM

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soultribunal View Post
Did you by chance stress the Card with Furmark to see if it runs at full X16. I know on some boards it actually downclocks the Slot till a load is applied.

ST
Hmm. I have not actually. I know that it is definitely videocard specific though. I've swapped cards around and it always follows the card. I don't think it makes all that much of a difference with performance anyways.
Old October 16, 2010, 09:31 PM
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by lowfat View Post
Hmm. I have not actually. I know that it is definitely videocard specific though. I've swapped cards around and it always follows the card. I don't think it makes all that much of a difference with performance anyways.
Which VC? And when you put a different card in does it run 16X?

Maybe RMA time for the card?

It probably won't make or break a setup but I'm always one for having gear run 100%.
Is the board alright overall though?

ST

"We know not why he calls for us, only that when he does we must answer" - DMP 2009

"Dear Iceberg, I am sorry to hear about global warming. Karma is a bitch. Signed - Titanic"

I would rather believe and find god doesn't exist than to not believe and find that he does.

www.realhardwarereviews.com
Old October 16, 2010, 09:56 PM

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soultribunal View Post
Which VC? And when you put a different card in does it run 16X?

Maybe RMA time for the card?

It probably won't make or break a setup but I'm always one for having gear run 100%.
Is the board alright overall though?

ST
Zotac GTX460 1GB .Ya other cards run @ x8, since I am using 4 PCIe cards. I'll likely RMA the card down the road but I really haven't found that it affects performance all that much. Otherwise it works great.