Go Back   Hardware Canucks > HARDWARE > CPU's and Motherboards

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old March 29, 2010, 07:49 PM
Hardware Canucks Reviewer

yeah, retail date and price are two things i know nothing about, sorry guys. they just pay me to test the board, not know anything about it

i had a couple hours and a small amount of LN2 so i thought i would test my 5870 under cold, the results weren't that impressive. memory was cold bugging past -90C and the core wouldn't run 1300 for the life of it

back to a Corsair HX1000...solid as a rock

all i ran was 05 then made some feeble attempts at 06 but ran out of cold juice before i could get anything worth keeping.

just got another new BIOS as well, doing some testing now. but at this point, i really don't see a whole lot more performance coming out of BIOS development. my guess is that we are 90% there...that is completely unofficial and not in anyway a hint. just my guess based on working with this board and BIOS development.
Old March 29, 2010, 08:35 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Don't you have exams coming up right quickly here? Let's celebrate being done school with a beer and some overclocking madness!
Old March 29, 2010, 08:53 PM
Hardware Canucks Reviewer

Quote:
Originally Posted by bojangles View Post
Don't you have exams coming up right quickly here? Let's celebrate being done school with a beer and some overclocking madness!
exams aren't my concern right now, it is the 5 essays due next week. exams aren't until the 17/20/23 of april for me...then i like your plan. i would be down for that

i just wish i had a better Gulftown, this thing cold bugging at -85C makes it pretty crappy for benching. clocks are great for the temps, but the clocks suck in comparison to other B1's. i'll try to line something up though for the end of April...maybe a 180L dewar and make it a two day marathon.
Old March 29, 2010, 09:01 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

180L lol. That's like a water heater's worth haha. Must be nice to have your exams so far down the list! Breathing time for after your essays I guess. Good luck!
Old May 18, 2010, 05:07 PM
Trial Member

Simply amazing !

But now I don't know which mobo I should get.

3way Classified or R3E ?

What do you think ?
Old May 18, 2010, 09:51 PM
Allstar
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by siqueirah View Post
Simply amazing !

But now I don't know which mobo I should get.

3way Classified or R3E ?

What do you think ?

It is really close, but what got me to grab the R3E was this...

-SATA 6Gbps that was able to RAID (even if it was only two ports)

-USB 3 ports (no headers tho )

-Slot spacing and PCI-E lane assignment. (Have an inverted ATX Murdermod that is in its final stages and moved from the R2E at the last moment when I saw how much better it would all work out with the cards arranged the way I wanted, and running my 5870 running at full 16x PCI-E 2.0) You will see what I mean when it is done.

-How awesome the EK R3E Acetal Fullcover Block looks. Saves me 4 barbs and a whack of tube routing over my R2E Bitspower NB/SB and PWM blocks.

-Wanted to play with ROG Connect

-Hybrid PWM sounded great and seems to run fairly cool. Waiting to get my loops together to really push this board and see what it can do , if even only under water.
Old August 6, 2010, 03:41 PM

My System Specs

I received my R3E today. First Asus board in ~ 4 years. Very not impressed. Ethernet doesn't work and it takes 2 minutes to POST. 4 minutes to exit bios.
Old September 2, 2010, 07:32 PM
Rookie

low fat.... did you solve your motherboard issues?
cant be happier with mine...
Old September 2, 2010, 08:00 PM

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by eagle_eye View Post
low fat.... did you solve your motherboard issues?
cant be happier with mine...
Just got a new one from RMA 3 days ago. So far so good w/ this one. Except for some reason my top video card is running @ PCIe x4. Not sure if it the videocard or the slot though.
Old October 16, 2010, 06:07 PM

My System Specs

Asus finally released a fix to the iDirect iPod/iPhone app. I can now overclock my PC via my iPod