Go Back   Hardware Canucks > HARDWARE > CPU's and Motherboards

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old March 11, 2010, 07:57 PM
HardwareCanuck Review Editor

Default ASUS Crosshair IV Formula Motherboard Sneak Peak Comment Thread

ASUS hasn’t been making much noise in the high-end AMD market as of late and has instead concentrated their new Republic of Gamers series motherboards towards Intel users. That is all about to change with the upcoming release of their Crosshair IV Formula which is based off of AMD’s 890FX chipset. In this sneak peak we give you a quick glimpse at this new board.

Read the Article Here
Old March 11, 2010, 08:10 PM
Allstar
F@H

My System Specs

I'm no AMD guy, but I gotta say those heatsinks look mighty sexy.
Old March 11, 2010, 09:31 PM
Banned
F@H

nice. marked should be all over it when it drops on the shelves :)
Old March 12, 2010, 06:28 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Hm, I know Gérard is going to read this post ( he always read my post) This mobo is wonderful and I know he is gonna get it or...I will This could be a really nice option for my next build in 1 years or 1 in a alf. Let's just see what AMD and Intel will offert in at this time.

Martin_metal_88
Colenzo : See system spec!

Odysseus : I7 860 @ 3.6Ghz || GA P55-UD5 || G.skill Ripjaws F3-16000 2000Mhz 2X2GB || Coolermaster ATCS 840 || Silverstone Strider plus 850W || WD 640 black - WD 1TB green - Samsung F3 2TB || MSI 5670 1GB Cyclone ||Coolermaster Hyper 212 + ||

Old March 12, 2010, 06:36 AM
HardwareCanuck Review Editor

Personally, I think this is exciting because of the price. It sort of shows you how steep the prices are for Intel-based boards. I mean if ASUS is selling this board for $200 USD (trust me, it will be around that), what the heck is going on with the $300++ price for a comparable X58 RoG product!? Is the SLI licensing that expensive?
Old March 12, 2010, 06:43 AM
Banned
F@H

Quote:
Originally Posted by martin_metal_88 View Post
Hm, I know Gérard is going to read this post ( he always read my post) This mobo is wonderful and I know he is gonna get it or...I will This could be a really nice option for my next build in 1 years or 1 in a alf. Let's just see what AMD and Intel will offert in at this time.

Martin it's a ROG board, for sure the crossair IV formula is more beautifull than the extreme one ,I'm planing to build an AMD, but the board is red. will not fit the case I have in mind, will have to think about it
Old March 12, 2010, 06:45 AM
Folding Captain

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by SKYMTL View Post
Personally, I think this is exciting because of the price. It sort of shows you how steep the prices are for Intel-based boards. I mean if ASUS is selling this board for $200 USD (trust me, it will be around that), what the heck is going on with the $300++ price for a comparable X58 RoG product!? Is the SLI licensing that expensive?
People are not spending the high prices now on AMD processors. Most high-end rigs I see being built are Intel ones, so Asus needs to adjust their AMD lineup accordingly.

For a RoG board, the price is good. I paid $300 for a Crosshair (590 version) back in the day when I was exclusively AMD and I regretted it.
Fold for team #54196
Old March 12, 2010, 06:48 AM
Fallen Folder
F@H

My System Specs

Hmm, I wish the Phenom II's had hyperthreading.
Old March 12, 2010, 06:54 AM
Banned
F@H

Quote:
Originally Posted by SKYMTL View Post

finally an Asus ROG Sky find exciting and with the right tag price. You get more my attention here. now the question guy, the board have 2 x 16 lanes, with a 965 at 4,0 ghz, what you think the gaming experience will be with a dual set of 5870 in xfire ?
Old March 12, 2010, 07:02 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkOne View Post
what you think the gaming experience will be with a dual set of 5870 in xfire ?
I wouldn't even ask that. You know it's going to be nothing but STELLAR.

Quad core AMD chips are great for gaming.