Go Back   Hardware Canucks > HARDWARE > CPU's and Motherboards

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old February 26, 2010, 10:20 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

your stuck on the i/o plate take your time and slowly work it out. check to make sure this has not got little plastic pegs coming up through the motherboard from the back side that might hold it down on some old pre-built system used this
Old February 26, 2010, 10:31 AM
Banned
F@H

My System Specs

You may have missed a screw or some screws. Check around the edges of the board. If all the screws are out, try lifting up the edge of the motherboard closer to the front of the case, and carefully slide the motherboard toward the front. It may be caught in the rear I/O shield (the metal plate that surrounds the connectors on the back of the motherboard).
Old February 26, 2010, 10:36 AM
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by gingerbee View Post
your stuck on the i/o plate take your time and slowly work it out. check to make sure this has not got little plastic pegs coming up through the motherboard from the back side that might hold it down on some old pre-built system used this
the problem! i found it! after i lift out the motherboard a bit... didnt take it completely out though... jus a bit so i can put my fist in the bottom of my motherboard and check for missing bolts.... then i touch something turns out to be some wetangle plate that loose and out of place.... turns out to be the key to to screw the yellow frame. yeah like mentioned before. its that thing the key.

so i put the wetangle plate align correctly with the yellow frame hole.... then screw... then it work! it screw tightly! now its done! but not completely....

now new problem arise..... i cant seems how to install back motherboard. the motherboard is hard to go in the side where the printer holes, mouse holes are.... its hard to make it fit. i dont know how to work on it.

i think this is how it looks like http://www.tigerdirect.com/include/A...1&imgcounter=5 the purple, peach ect area... hard to fit.

Last edited by hohohee; February 26, 2010 at 10:46 AM.
Old February 26, 2010, 10:42 AM
Banned
F@H

you put the board in angle and insert the back plate first ( the one with the IO shield , what you call the keyboard plug ) . after you lower the front of the board

I hope he will not scratch the board with the stand off
Old February 26, 2010, 10:54 AM
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkOne View Post
you put the board in angle and insert the back plate first ( the one with the IO shield , what you call the keyboard plug ) . after you lower the front of the board

I hope he will not scratch the board with the stand off
jus some quick question about the back plate thats on bottom of motherboard..... which side is correct? put the flat level side down? or put the flat side up? jus making sure cause i put the flat side down.

///////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

nevermind the above. got it. flat side down.

now i finally got the computer running..... however i did not install the motherboard correctly in place.... the mouse, keyboard hole is still cricket.... it dont align correctly with motherboard. i decided to dont care and jus screw molts in motherboard and dont care if its cricket. so now i try to run the computer with everything plug back in.... and then..... works fine.... it runs.....

.....but one thing..... my multi drive dont work! you know the sd disk, sandisk, memory stick ect... plugs? it dont show up in my computer! only shows c drive! did i forgot to plug the multi drive plug in? but how? i dont see any left over plugs! or i somehow plug wrong hole? dammm complicated...

and another problem i notice after running the computer is that my psu turn on (turbo mode) by itself and cannot turn to normal mode. the turbo fan mode my psu featured. why is that?

edit: alright! got it.... the multi drive works. why it dont work is i plug the wire to the wrong hole with another one.... i jus have to vice versa and it works!

only problem now is my psu turns on "turbo mode" itself and cannot turn back to normal mode.... weird...

also my motherboard still dont install correctly. but who cares! atleast it work! just that the mouse, keyboard area is not correctly align. oh well. glad it work and glad i can screw that plate under the motherboard.

and cheers! who contribute to this thread. finally got it.

and ummm question.... when i was putting new thermal paste on.... but then i cant screw the frame together due to the plate on the nottom of motherboard? yeah that time... when i put the thermla paste on and i slide it all ove rthe place back and forth and accidently caus eno screws.... it took over 1 day for me i screw the plate.... my question is.... do i have to put thermal paste anew again? or im good? but it once accidently heatsink got off from the cpu while being thermal paste.

just some sidequest question.... now that i expereince of removing a motherboard.... say my motherboard dont support 16gb ram.... i can easily buy a new motherboard and all current component can be plugged on the new motherboard correct? it is cheaper instead of buying a new new complete rig? right?

also if want to upgrade cpu... just buy new cpu and plug it in? no need to config anything? just plug and play?

Last edited by hohohee; February 26, 2010 at 03:03 PM.
Old March 6, 2010, 07:31 PM
Allstar
F@H

The motherboard is the one component (besides your Hard Drive of course) that if you replace, you'll have to reinstall your OS.

If you purchase a new CPU, yes, you should just be able to swap it with your old one just fine... assuming you're ready to do this whole mess all over again.

ALSO:

make sure the new CPU is of the same 'socket' type as your old one.
RAM : 4GB DDR2 800MHz (OCZ Platinum)
HDD : Main: 120GB SSD SATA2 (OCZ) Storage: 3TB SATA2 (WD Green) Backup: 500GB External USB (Hitatchi)
GFX : HD4850 (512MB)
PSU : 610W PC Power Silencer
MoBo: Asus P5Q SE
View : Acer H213H 21.5" @ 1920 x 1080

Oshawa Deathmatch Community -- An open group for Durham/Toronto Airsoft, Paintball, and Nerf players. Come join!

I am a Level/Game Designer! http://mikeseguin.webs.com/