Go Back   Hardware Canucks > HARDWARE > CPU's and Motherboards

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old February 26, 2010, 06:58 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

^ bingo we have a winner. i think this is going for silliest thread every ha ha
and zero i think he using the stock heat sink which would use the plastic to mount to i could be wrong but i don't think so trying not to give this thread much thought
Old February 26, 2010, 08:36 AM
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkOne View Post
He said the screw are not long enough.. I guess it's the nut at the back of the motherboard that fall, it's why he can't reach themm

@ OP Remove the motherboard to screw the plate
aww! no wonder! so i not supose to take out the frame? and yeah to who post the picture.... mine is yellow and yours is black. it sthe same thing but mine is yellow. so the key is i messed that up!? i not supose to take it out!

so now... i have to take out motherboard out.... and retrieve the missing bolts on the back of the monotherboard and screw it back in? mann sounds complicated. one thing to another! mannn i was jus gonna clean dust at first place now lead to this mess! can i jus hire radioshack or something to take motherboard out for me and fix it? nevermind sounds riddiculous.

so i must retrieve the the missing bolts on the back of the motherboard by taking motherboard out?
Old February 26, 2010, 08:42 AM
Banned
F@H

radio what .................................. I'm sure you can find better place and cheaper one too
Old February 26, 2010, 08:52 AM
Banned
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by hohohee View Post
so i must retrieve the the missing bolts on the back of the motherboard by taking motherboard out?
Yes. And don't hire someone to do it for you. It's a simple job. Just make sure to take your time and don't damage anything. And for future reference, don't unscrew the plastic bracket.
Old February 26, 2010, 08:56 AM
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zero82z View Post
Yes. And don't hire someone to do it for you. It's a simple job. Just make sure to take your time and don't damage anything. And for future reference, don't unscrew the plastic bracket.
ahh ok. now i got confirmation i know what to do now. feel better to have confirmation. i guess ill start soon.
Old February 26, 2010, 09:00 AM
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by gingerbee View Post
^ bingo we have a winner. i think this is going for silliest thread every ha ha
and zero i think he using the stock heat sink which would use the plastic to mount to i could be wrong but i don't think so trying not to give this thread much thought
yeah stock heatsink
Old February 26, 2010, 09:18 AM
MVP

hi i have this deilima..... i was currently on a video editing project that have yet to be done. but this mess comes in first. i am trying to decide weather to turn on that comp and hurry up and work on it and finish it or should i take out motherboard first?

what if something go wrong while taking out motherboard? i will lose my project. but if i turn on the comp and work on it while the heatsink and yellow plastic frame is not screwd.... what if it goes nut? i will lose my project.

what to do? first? finish project or take out motherboard?

if finish project its only gonna take like 30min.

/////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

nevermind the above. i decided to take out motherboard.

i unscrew motherboard and take off every wires now i cant lift it out! it seems to be stuck at where the edge plugs where we plug in mouse, printer ect... seems that it stuck that side. i cant take motherboard out. help!

Last edited by hohohee; February 26, 2010 at 10:11 AM.
Old February 26, 2010, 09:51 AM
Banned
F@H

My System Specs

Take out the motherboard first.
Old February 26, 2010, 10:03 AM
Folding Captain

My System Specs

Video editing will stress your CPu generating heat, so you need to resolve this first. Follow what Zero says and get your hardware operating properly first or you will just make things worse.

I don't fiddle with my machines when I have important work to do on them; this is a good lesson for everyone that you might not want to mess around with taking a rig apart, especially the first time, if you need the rig in a hurry.
Fold for team #54196
Old February 26, 2010, 10:13 AM
MVP

haha glad i decide right. im taking out motherboard first. i didnt see you both post didnt refresh.

i unscrew motherboard and take off every wires now i cant lift it out! it seems to be stuck at where the edge plugs where we plug in mouse, printer ect... seems that it stuck that side. i cant take motherboard out. help!

nevermind. it seems that i have toi start lifting from the oposide side first.