Go Back   Hardware Canucks > HARDWARE > CPU's and Motherboards

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old February 25, 2010, 04:24 PM
MVP

instant help plz!!! i put the paste... now i put heatsink which i already put on the heatsink tighter/holder in the heatsink before i put in the cpu.... now i put... now cant screw! it wont tight! it seems short but how? did i not supose to put the tighter on first? did i put the tighter on last? help!

its like the bolt is too short! i cant screw it down! help!

more info.... you know the yellow colored plastic part of the heatsink bottom? yeah i cant screw that on the motherboard. the bolt seems short and loose. theres also this metal lock that clip and i already clip on both side. i cant scre wthe molt to the motherboard..... help!

Last edited by hohohee; February 25, 2010 at 05:10 PM.
Old February 25, 2010, 06:32 PM
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by hohohee View Post
instant help plz!!! i put the paste... now i put heatsink which i already put on the heatsink tighter/holder in the heatsink before i put in the cpu.... now i put... now cant screw! it wont tight! it seems short but how? did i not supose to put the tighter on first? did i put the tighter on last? help!

its like the bolt is too short! i cant screw it down! help!

more info.... you know the yellow colored plastic part of the heatsink bottom? yeah i cant screw that on the motherboard. the bolt seems short and loose. theres also this metal lock that clip and i already clip on both side. i cant scre wthe molt to the motherboard..... help!
Picture? That might help us understand the problem.

ST

"We know not why he calls for us, only that when he does we must answer" - DMP 2009

"Dear Iceberg, I am sorry to hear about global warming. Karma is a bitch. Signed - Titanic"

I would rather believe and find god doesn't exist than to not believe and find that he does.

www.realhardwarereviews.com
Old February 25, 2010, 07:47 PM
MVP

My System Specs

Hello hohohee,

If you can not take a picture of your motherboard, cpu, and heatsink & fan (hsf)
Please give us the brands and models of the motherboard and heatsink.

Be more specific about what screws that cannot be tightened.
For example, the screws that hold the heatsink mounting frame on to the motherboard.
Are there screws that mount the cpu socket to your motherboard?
Were there 2 or 4 screws with springs holding your heatsink on to the motherboard?
Old February 25, 2010, 08:22 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Oh boy.../facepalm. PICTURES PLEASE. :)
Old February 25, 2010, 08:25 PM
MVP

no camera... actually lost somewhere.

dont know model but computer is acer m5100 desktop. amd athlon64 x2 4400+

yeah the frame the plastic yellow frame that on bottom of heatsink is yellow plastic. it supose to scre bolts o there to motherboard but it dont screw and loose and seems short. it also have silver metal clip... that clip both side.

i dont have much time. im doing experiental right now. i am in risk situation. right now im usning the system..... without heatsink installe dproperly. jus heatsink mount on cpu with thermla paste and can still slide back and forth. fan is not even installed.... fan is sit near video card and spinning. i am jus turning it on to see if the cpu is installed correctly or not.

last time was gonna use my ps3 browser but lazy to type on there.

so yeah. camera lost. no pictures. i hope someone can help me with screwing the bolts on the yellow frame.
Old February 25, 2010, 09:39 PM
Banned
F@H

My System Specs

Your explanation is mostly nonsensical, so the only way we can help you is if you either provide a picture of the situation, or you make an effort to actually use correct grammar and properly describe the situation so we can understand exactly what is going on.
Old February 25, 2010, 09:42 PM
Hall Of Fame

He's talking about this:

There are 2 pieces.. the top and bottom + 4 screws.
Old February 25, 2010, 09:50 PM
Banned
F@H

My System Specs

Ah, I see. The plastic mounting bracket should not have been removed in the first place. The metal bracket is what holds the heatsink onto the plastic piece.
Old February 25, 2010, 11:11 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Just actually looked at this thread cause I've seen it for the past couple days and it keeps getting posted in, but never really was interested enough to look. I can't believe OP has like 300 posts on this site but has never put in his own cpu!! Very out of the ordinary! Especially since he sounds asian lol! I thought they were all techies
Old February 26, 2010, 06:21 AM
Banned
F@H

He said the screw are not long enough.. I guess it's the nut at the back of the motherboard that fall, it's why he can't reach themm

@ OP Remove the motherboard to screw the plate