Go Back   Hardware Canucks > HARDWARE > CPU's and Motherboards

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old January 25, 2010, 03:26 PM
Top Prospect

Default Washers for Rampage Extreme X48

This is more or less for 3Oh6 if he is still around

Just wondering if you have any specific information on the Vinyl washers you used on your Rampage Extreme X48 in your review and which Isle they might be found in a hardware store. I just ordered an NBMAX and I am planning on doing a teardown, so I decided I might get some more pressure on my NB (It is peaking into the mid 50's at the moment)

Or if anyone else knows? I basically need the info to go in there and find the right ones, without having to have 2-3 days of downtime trying to find them.

Regards,
Wall
Old January 25, 2010, 03:44 PM
Hardware Canucks Reviewer

i just got the white plastic washers from Canadian Tire. they are in the screws/nuts/bolts isle in those little plastic bins they have on the sliding panels. self serve fill your own bag deal. i know they had two sizes and i can't be sure but i think you just want the smallest ones. those screws are pretty darn small. i haven't used the stock cooling in a long which is the reason for my dwindling knowledge of the exact part. but once you see them in the bins you'll instinctively know. HTH
Old January 25, 2010, 03:48 PM
Top Prospect

Sweet.

I have been strapped for cash since I was laid off so I have to stick to stock cooling for now. But a few cheap mods like this should help improve it a bit ^_^

I am hoping to get the NB Temp below the 40C mark, then I will see if I can push my Q9550 past the 4.2 Ghz fully stable mark. I may even toss in an E2160 just for S&G's and see if I can crank it over the 4Ghz mark.