Go Back   Hardware Canucks > HARDWARE > CPU's and Motherboards

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old January 22, 2010, 09:54 AM
Banned
F@H

Default Lucid Hydra 200 chipset

look at this board , it's supose to be able to sli with diferent vendor card

Newegg.ca - MSI Big Bang Fuzion LGA 1156 Intel P55 / Lucid Hydra 200 ATX Intel Motherboard - Intel Motherboards

Last edited by MarkOne; January 22, 2010 at 10:02 AM.
Old January 22, 2010, 10:58 AM
Allstar

My System Specs

It can mix and match GPUs from nvidia or ATI to divide the work between them without SLI/Crossfire. The benchmarks I've seen so far don't really make it worth it though. Maybe they'll work the kinks out.
Old January 22, 2010, 12:38 PM
Banned
F@H

My System Specs

Right now, it barely works, and when it does, it actually reduces performance compared to a SINGLE card. Don't bother with it right now; the technology has a long way to go before it becomes viable.
Old January 22, 2010, 12:58 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

AnandTech: Lucid Hydra 200: Vendor Agnostic Multi-GPU, Available in 30 Days
Old January 22, 2010, 02:39 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

bit-tech.net | Review - MSI Big Bang-FUZION: Lucid Hydra arrives

Lucid isn't there yet. It's really too bad that the hardware still requires patches to make games compatible. I thought that was what Lucid was intended to get rid of: game profiles. I was really eager for it, as it expanded our horizons for computer setups, but the way it was released, I really don`t think it`s worth it at all. It`s supposed to speak solely DirectX assemblyémachine language, yet it still requires game profiles to determine how to split the load. Crossfire and SLI is where it`s at.