Go Back   Hardware Canucks > HARDWARE > CPU's and Motherboards

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old January 18, 2010, 03:42 PM
MVP

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkOne View Post
all true I have no interest in Nvidia chipset, I hope you see the difference with Intel one. On your diagram what is missing is the Sound card chips between the speaker outlet and the south bridge , and also the network ( nic ) chips even if the sound have is own controller, it pass by the south bridge before go to the sound chips. It's a diagram for the Chipset, so they show only the main component
i can't even find a diagram on that site.. :-P ... i like Nvidia and AMD chipsets.. Nvidia cause it allows for SLI and AMD cause it allows for crossfire and astounding tuning and fusion and the dragon platform in amazing... 7.2 GHz is what they got with their dragon platform
Old January 18, 2010, 03:50 PM
Banned
F@H

Kid you live in the past. new Intel chipset allow you to SLI too, as far as AMD platform, well on paper they look nice.
Old January 18, 2010, 03:53 PM
MVP

My System Specs

Quote:
Kid you live in the past. new Intel chipset allow you to SLI too, as far as AMD platform, well on paper they look nice.
huh.. didn't know bout the intel chipset and SLI.. but i still love my AMD.. the dragon platform is amazing.. watch some vids of it.. its cheap and powerful.... you'll be surprised
Old January 18, 2010, 04:02 PM
Banned
F@H

If you want start a AMD vs Intel conversation I'm out .
Old January 18, 2010, 04:24 PM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

Only Intel boards with SLI are forced to run a NF100/NF200 chipset somewhere on the board. Otherwise, no other Intel boards support SLI and no others ever will. Nvidia screwed themselves by not letting Intel chipsets run SLI especially considering it is only a driver level block that prevents it, but it is on helluva good lock that noone seems to be able to break.
Old January 18, 2010, 05:45 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

I've seen an article just recently where my P5Q-Deluxe that supports crossfire can be configured to run SLI with no hardware mods.....
Old January 18, 2010, 06:34 PM
MVP

My System Specs

Quote:
If you want start a AMD vs Intel conversation I'm out .
im not interested in that.. im just saying i like what i like and u like what you like.. and im more interested in knowing how the northbridge, southbridge, and CPU work together
Old January 18, 2010, 09:12 PM
Banned
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by b1lk1 View Post
Only Intel boards with SLI are forced to run a NF100/NF200 chipset somewhere on the board. Otherwise, no other Intel boards support SLI and no others ever will. Nvidia screwed themselves by not letting Intel chipsets run SLI especially considering it is only a driver level block that prevents it, but it is on helluva good lock that noone seems to be able to break.
No, no, no, and no. See: X58 and P55. Also, there are hacks to provide SLI support on older chipsets.
Old January 18, 2010, 09:17 PM
Banned
F@H

Quote:
Originally Posted by b1lk1 View Post

how come I miss this one.