Upgrade: Athlon to AthlonII
Is it worth it to upgrade from a OC'ed to 3.0Ghz AMD Athlon 5200+ Brisbane to the newer AthlonII 240?
Also, does it matter which RAM slots i use (ex: 1,3 ; 0,2) because my RAM is blocking my HSF.
IMHO it's not worth it to go from a dual core to another dual core now (unless you can get the new Athlon II 240 for very little). Motherboards usually have a preference of 0, 2 DIMMs when only two are being used, but I've seen people running on 1, 3 config without problems on some motherboards.
Bumps for more helps.
What i meant about the RAM is that can i use the slots furthest from the CPU socket so i use my Sunbeam Core Contact to push air instead of pulling air.
That's how I've got my RAM running, no problems here.
I'd say you should wait until you can afford a PII x2 BE, then unlock it (that is assuming your motherboard has ACC) and give it a healthy overclock. An AII is better than an athlon, but not worth the price IMO.
Probably not. Wait till you can get a Phenom II or at least an x3/x4 athlon II.
|All times are GMT -7. The time now is 02:15 AM.|