Hardware Canucks

Hardware Canucks (http://www.hardwarecanucks.com/forum/)
-   CPU's and Motherboards (http://www.hardwarecanucks.com/forum/cpus-motherboards/)
-   -   Asus vs. Evga (http://www.hardwarecanucks.com/forum/cpus-motherboards/27353-asus-vs-evga.html)

gambel626 January 3, 2010 02:32 PM

Asus vs. Evga

I'm looking to build a new computer using and ati card (5870), and eventually crossfiring. The two mother boards that I had in mind are the EVGA 3x sli board or the Asus P6TD Deluxe. I have read on the internet that EVGA's board performance lacks in the crossfire department, also for overclocking i would only be doing a slight OC on an i7 920. I have no problem paying 30 dollars more for the asus board if it is worth it. Thanks in Advance

MarkOne January 3, 2010 02:50 PM

Buy the one you prefer

bojangles January 3, 2010 02:55 PM

I buy EVGA for the technical support. Either board is great though.

MarkOne January 3, 2010 03:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bojangles (Post 311567)
I buy EVGA for the technical support. Either board is great though.

why do you need so much tech support , if they are so good you don't need support

Snafu January 3, 2010 03:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MarkOne (Post 311570)
why do you need so much tech support , if they are so good you don't need support

:haha:

Never had to use evga tech support but asus support was down the crapper. They should change the company name to "As_is" - not to say the product is bad - they are good boards but you need to work on it on your own or "as is"

MarkOne January 3, 2010 04:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Snafu (Post 311594)
:haha:..... but you need to work on it on your own or "as is"

don't know I never call them. all true I'm pretty good to fix my problem myself

martin_metal_88 January 3, 2010 04:30 PM

Well mark you never know when a board will die. This is where company tech support get's in. Asus have one of the worst RMA system and service out here but EVGA have won several award for their complete and intuitive RMA process. I am curious to see the % of return if we compare EVGA to Asus. That would be a great stat. Personally I have worked few time with EVGA ( Nvidia chipset was shit but now they use intel one ) and I never add any kind of trouble with the intel chipset series from EVGA. Asus still give me some trouble and many return and RMA pain.

SugarJ January 3, 2010 04:50 PM

EVGA's RMA service is very good. Well worth the peace of mind. I've had one card need to be RMA'd out of the 6 or so EVGA's I've bought, and it was back to my door in 2 weeks. I've only heard negative things about ASUS's RMA's, I haven't had to use their service yet.

edit: I also own ASUS parts, and use them in builds. I think they make good stuff. But if the 2 options were identical, I'd take the EVGA option.

bojangles January 3, 2010 04:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MarkOne (Post 311570)

The point is that it's there should I need to use it. It's like buying a service plan from Future Shop or Best Buy or Staples for a laptop or a TV. It's just there so that should something go wrong, you don't have to worry about anything, the company will look after it.

Silvgearx January 3, 2010 05:02 PM

hey, you never know, if you need assistance installing your cpu/gpu you can call them asap!

as for a more experience builders i suggest you save the extra $30-$40 and go for asus,msi or gigabyte.