Go Back   Hardware Canucks > HARDWARE > CPU's and Motherboards

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old January 3, 2010, 07:10 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Something funny just happen to me. I have to tell it. Tonight my Asus P4P800 just died. R.I.P. It was the third time this board went to RMA and now there is no longer warranty. Time to upgrade the home server with my dad:) more good time with daddy to come in next few week:P At all, asus have good side:P just kidding that suck I hate to re do all these setting.

Martin_metal_88
Colenzo : See system spec!

Odysseus : I7 860 @ 3.6Ghz || GA P55-UD5 || G.skill Ripjaws F3-16000 2000Mhz 2X2GB || Coolermaster ATCS 840 || Silverstone Strider plus 850W || WD 640 black - WD 1TB green - Samsung F3 2TB || MSI 5670 1GB Cyclone ||Coolermaster Hyper 212 + ||

Old January 3, 2010, 08:10 PM
Banned
F@H

Quote:
Originally Posted by SugarJ View Post
...... Ever tried navigating their website for a driver? .
that's the most stupid thing I never ear here... where the h... is the problem, I download driver from Asus every day

you go to asus.com
choose global, you enter the model in the right corner , where it's said product name, it's bring you to the page of the model, and you click download
Old January 3, 2010, 08:17 PM
Banned
F@H

Quote:
I'm out of this thread.
Yes you better,

Quote:
Mark, I suggest you read back in the threads from before you joined before you blast me. I can recall 3-4 people who were denied RMA's in the last year for legitimate claims. And their technical support sucks, from personal experience. Ever tried navigating their website for a driver? Good luck..

Quote:
........I've only heard negative things about ASUS's RMA's, I haven't had to use their service yet.

so you have experience with them or not ......
Old January 3, 2010, 08:20 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Smelling fanboy here Mark Calm down you are in the market for enough time to know that this debate will never stop. just do like many of us and get out of the topic. When OP will be ready to chose a board he will look toward some model and ask again which on the best

Martin_metal_88

Odysseus : I7 860 @ 3.6Ghz || GA P55-UD5 || G.skill Ripjaws F3-16000 2000Mhz 2X2GB || Coolermaster ATCS 840 || Silverstone Strider plus 850W || WD 640 black - WD 1TB green - Samsung F3 2TB || MSI 5670 1GB Cyclone ||Coolermaster Hyper 212 + ||

Old January 3, 2010, 08:34 PM
Banned
F@H

Quote:
Originally Posted by martin_metal_88 View Post
Smelling fanboy here ...When OP will be ready to chose a board he will look toward some model and ask again which on the best
Me fan boy In my first post I said to buy the one he like , it's just after same copy paste people start to say Evga was better I start to talk about it. I ear a lot of same copy paste, we ear everyday in this forum about Asus, the only post I can rely on it is this one

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zero82z View Post
I've heard horror stories about ASUS tech support, but after using probably around 15 years worth of ASUS products, I haven't had to RMA a single one. That's where I stand.
because I have the same experience. the rest is only B that read and paste , those peoples should get real and tell thing they experiment, not what they ear about

the OP manifest already is desire to go with Asus for a better Xfire suport,
Old January 3, 2010, 08:49 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

I personally never use sli or cross fire on both of EVGA or Asus board so I can't tell anything about EVGA support for cross fire but...Why eould the same chipset and PCI line controller perform different from a company to another? that's wierd in my book. Big company all have about the same quality in board but IMO, what you should be looking the more is, layout if you can't decide what board to get. If we drop everything about the company and just stay around the board, compare the pros and cons of every of these board. What you like abotu the EVGA and what you like about the Asus, then get the one that have the more pros or the better pros \ cons ratio.

Martin_metal_88

Old January 4, 2010, 04:55 AM
Fallen Folder
F@H

My System Specs

I'm considering an EVGA board for my upgrade, mainly because their colour scheme will go better with my other gear. However, I remember when EVGA was giving away NF4 boards with their video cards, and they weren't worth it because you had to RMA the thing in 6 months anyway. I'd rather not know how good a companies RMA service is, the item I buy should work and continue to work and every Asus board I've bought has done that. I don't think I've even had to replace bad caps on any Asus boards. Anyway things change, Samsung used to make some of the worst crap on the planet, now look at them.
Old January 4, 2010, 10:01 AM
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkOne View Post
Yes you better, .....

so you have experience with them or not ......
Mark, there's a difference between what I call technical support, like phone calls or emails trying to get things to work or find out information, and RMA's for defective product. I think we're having a language barrier thing here, or I'm not making myself clear. We've obviously got a difference of opinion, and I'm not going to start a flame war in someone else's thread. If you wish to continue the discussion, feel free to PM me.
Old January 4, 2010, 10:11 AM
Banned
F@H

I see the difference , I have a bad cold in it give me bad mood but we all know that Customer Support are bad everywhere, they are simply no customer support anymore anywhere. ( may be EVGA is the exception)
May be it's time I give a try to Evga too.
Old January 4, 2010, 10:24 AM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

Quote:
they are simply no customer support anymore anywhere. ( may be EVGA is the exception)
Exactly what Sugar pointed out....Evga support is 2nd to none..hands down!!! Whether it be by phone, email or they're extensive Support Forum.
after many GPU's and Mobo's its a no-brainer for me.......shipping anything from Brea, Southern California to the Westcoast BC is fast and painless...not RMA but step-up experience.

EVGA | Intelligent Innovation

And yes, proud to be an Evga "Fanboy"......