Go Back   Hardware Canucks > HARDWARE > CPU's and Motherboards

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old January 3, 2010, 05:18 PM
Banned
F@H

Quote:
Originally Posted by SugarJ View Post
..... I've only heard negative things about ASUS's RMA's, I haven't had to use their service yet...
that's the problem people copy and paste the same BS all the time
Old January 3, 2010, 05:21 PM
Banned
F@H

My System Specs

I've heard horror stories about ASUS tech support, but after using probably around 15 years worth of ASUS products, I haven't had to RMA a single one. That's where I stand.
Old January 3, 2010, 05:27 PM
Top Prospect

I have not had to rma any of my asus boards. Figured out most of it with help from sites like HWC.

However, when I did have a question for their support, there was no response months later and several emails. Ended up finding the answer on the net. This was the same experience my friends have had with them.

Hence the reason I call them "As_is" :D

This does not mean that I would not buy anything from them. I just know the situation and deal with it ;)
Old January 3, 2010, 05:27 PM
Banned
F@H

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zero82z View Post
I've heard horror stories about ASUS tech support, but after using probably around 15 years worth of ASUS products, I haven't had to RMA a single one. That's where I stand.
+1 same here..... in 25 years, I rma only 1 DOA board, it was an Intel, I see few of my Asus die well after 5 years, that's normal, the condenser leak with time. so for my experience, I conclude than those RMA are made by dude who have no idea how to build a system.
Old January 3, 2010, 05:30 PM
Banned
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkOne View Post
+1 same here..... in 25 years, I rma only 1 DOA board, it was an Intel, I see few of my Asus die well after 5 years, that's normal, the condenser leak with time. so for my experience, I conclude than those RMA are made by dude who have no idea how to build a system.
I have ASUS boards that are over 10 years old and still work perfectly .
Old January 3, 2010, 05:35 PM
Top Prospect

My System Specs

I agree. While I did have to RMA an Asus motherboard before, it was DoA, so I could just RMA it from NCIX. It's never happened to me to have a board fail say, 6 months after I bought it. I'm sure it must happen sometimes, but I'd think it's pretty rare.

Old January 3, 2010, 05:49 PM
Banned
F@H

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zero82z View Post
I have ASUS boards that are over 10 years old and still work perfectly .

me too I have an Asus 440bx with a Intel Pentium III 550 , that still work like a Swiss clock , that's my OS2 warp Rig, that was the top board and CPU at the time
Old January 3, 2010, 06:00 PM
Banned
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
me too I have an Asus 440bx with a Intel Pentium III 550 , that still work like a Swiss clock , that's my OS2 warp Rig, that was the top board and CPU at the time
Is it a P2B? I had one of those, and to date I don't think I've ever seen a more reliable board.
Old January 3, 2010, 06:07 PM
Banned
F@H

that's it ... a P2B and those 550 was with 512k cache. I buy this board in Philippines at the time, in 2000, so it's 10 years old now .
Old January 3, 2010, 07:07 PM
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
that's the problem people copy and paste the same BS all the time
Mark, I suggest you read back in the threads from before you joined before you blast me. I can recall 3-4 people who were denied RMA's in the last year for legitimate claims. And their technical support sucks, from personal experience. Ever tried navigating their website for a driver? Good luck.

You'll also see that I said I owned, used, and supplied ASUS products, but from an ease of use situation I prefer EVGA. The 24 hour tech support line is a great option for me, let alone someone without my experience.

I gave my opinion, your gave your opinion of my opinion, which I have now responded to. I'm out of this thread.