Go Back   Hardware Canucks > HARDWARE > CPU's and Motherboards

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old January 2, 2010, 12:45 PM
MVP

My System Specs

Default Best Mother Board?

Hey guys, I have been looking at the EVGA X58 Classified 3 Way SLI board for a while now but I would really like to know what the best motherboard for Gaming & Over Clocking would be, I want to drop a few grand on a insanely powerful build and not have to upgrade for at least 3 years and still be able to play with great graphics ect ect.. Anyway going a little off topic there.

So What would the BEST Mother Board be for:
-Gaming: I play games as much as I can and like to play them with the best possible quality
-Over Clocking: I want to over clock a Core i7 920 to the highest stable Over clock I can get.

Do you guys think I should just wait a few months for a next gen mobo or buy one now. I am clearly really confused and as always any help will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks Guys!
Old January 2, 2010, 01:28 PM
Banned
F@H

it's not the board that will limit your 920, it's the 920 himself, they are not all born the same
Old January 2, 2010, 01:35 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkOne View Post
it's not the board that will limit your 920, it's the 920 himself, they are not all born the same
funny and so true. i would go with any evga or gigabyte board if that your cup of tea.
it's more of the features that you want on the board and the warranty. evg great warranty and I have not had a problem gigabyte.jmo
Old January 2, 2010, 01:52 PM
Banned
F@H

Since you are in Australia, the waranty is not the same. Asus have good support in Australia, they have 3 services center
Old January 2, 2010, 02:04 PM
Banned

EVGA first, Gigabyte Second, ASUS last.
Old January 2, 2010, 02:14 PM
Banned
F@H

Quote:
Originally Posted by Digikid View Post
EVGA first, Gigabyte Second, ASUS last.
what a good suggestion , an other copy paste

it`s funny I will reverse your Anwser , I have no problem at all with my so many Asus install I have done. ( I`m talking about few thosand over 25 years ) Evga just start to make good board, their ixxx something Nvidia board was so for regular use board, and customer build , I know use Giga... for my performing one. Asus is the best, their ROG series have so many feature.
Old January 2, 2010, 03:19 PM
MVP

My System Specs

Thanks guys, but what I would really like to know is what the best "Feature rich" board is for Over Clocking and enthusiast use/gaming in general in your opinions.

MarkOne, What do you mean the warranty is different in Australia doesn't the warranty stay the same just sometimes you need to pay the shipping Ect, do you mean tech support because if so then I use forums for tech support more than phone support so I don't think it would matter.
Old January 2, 2010, 04:09 PM
Banned
F@H

I means here people are use to call a toll free # for EVGA, as I can see you don't even have a phone # for tech support in Australia, you have to send an email to Taiwan.. what if you have to return the board for RMA, Asus will replace it from Australia, other I don't know ,

look at EVGA , they don't even have phone support in Australia, only a sale #
EVGA Asia / Pacific
  • Taiwan Office
  • Taipei, Taiwan
  • Australian Office

Asus
Sales enquiries - 1300 278 788
Product and Sales Enquiries.
Operating hours: Monday to Friday: 9am - 6pm (AEST)
(Excludes NSW public holidays)
Technical support - 1300 278 788
Hardware Technical Support & Troubleshooting.
Operating hours: Monday to Friday: 9am - 6pm (AEST)
(Excludes NSW public holidays)

Gigabyte is the worst
ASIA Japan Tel:+81 2 9720-7810
Old January 2, 2010, 05:11 PM

My System Specs

If you don't have a limit on how much you want to spend my vote would go for any eVGA Classfield or a Gigabyte X58A-UD7. They will reach a higher bclk than any other board out there. The Gigabyte board comes w/ USB3 and Sata 6Gbps if those are your things.
Old January 3, 2010, 02:35 PM
MVP

My System Specs

Hmm.. Would it be worth waiting for a new extreme board to come out from EVGA like a new X58 Classified with all the perks like the USB 3 SATA 6GB and so on.. Or is that just Not going to happen.. is the next Extreme CPU going to be run on X58 1366 I think it's called the 980 or something like that but would it run on a EVGA Classified X58 3 Way SLI board?

- What I really want to know is when is a good time to build my PC so I can buy all the newest parts all at once and have them for as long as possible, I don't want to buy a EVGA X58 Classified board today then in a weeks time they release a better board for a similar price..