Go Back   Hardware Canucks > HARDWARE > CPU's and Motherboards

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old December 28, 2009, 07:53 PM
Hardware Canucks Reviewer

Default EVGA P55 Classified 200 LGA1156 Motherboard Review Comment Thread

That's right guys, another Classified has hit the bench table here at Hardware Canucks and in typical EVGA Classified fashion, it really shines. With that said, it begs to ask the question, is a $350+ dollar motherboard really necessary for a mainstream chipset? EVGA thinks so, and the extreme overclocking benchmarker in me says so too...but the realist has other ideas.

We would love to hear what you guys have to say about such an odd mix of high-end and mainstream. We are taking calls now and the phone lines are lighting up...

And keep your eyes peeled on the overclocking section...this board will be making quite an appearance in the very near future

Oh, and one more thing I forgot to mention in the review but I answered in the EVGA forums. The top PCI-E 1X slot is designed to accept full length sound cards. I am not an audio guy myself so I often overlook these things but EVGA designed the NF200 chipset heat sink to accommodate this very thing...

Last edited by 3oh6; December 28, 2009 at 08:19 PM.
Old December 28, 2009, 08:06 PM
Allstar

My System Specs

Sexy classified boards. So jealous of digital PWMs.
Old December 28, 2009, 08:12 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

One more perfect review for 3oh6!!! congrat's again! this board is rocking the house one more time we have great part from EVGA.

Martin_metal_88
Colenzo : See system spec!

Odysseus : I7 860 @ 3.6Ghz || GA P55-UD5 || G.skill Ripjaws F3-16000 2000Mhz 2X2GB || Coolermaster ATCS 840 || Silverstone Strider plus 850W || WD 640 black - WD 1TB green - Samsung F3 2TB || MSI 5670 1GB Cyclone ||Coolermaster Hyper 212 + ||

Old December 28, 2009, 08:14 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

This is one of many reasons why I will continue to buy EVGA motherboards. Great review.

Sponsor a child!
Fight poverty.

Qoute by Perineum
"ID10T. I just BETCHA he's got 9 toolbars on his web browser right now."
Old December 28, 2009, 08:18 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

BWAHAHA...bout time this review came out :P. Nice job Jody. You guys haven't seen anything yet though :D.

"And that's all I have to say about that." - Forrest Gump
Old December 28, 2009, 08:32 PM

zip it you...i planned to have this review done before 2010 and my goal was accomplished

thanks for the comments guys. if you have any questions or need something clarified, i'm hear to answer your questions. i have become quite the EVGA prostitute of late and know these boards inside and out. the P55 Classified should be pretty similar to the FTW 200 and right down the line. i have been working with one of the engineers and am learning more about these P55 boards than i do the X58 EVGA boards...and i know them quite well.

so if you have any questions about clocking, the BIOS, or features of the EVGA lineup...don't be shy.

if you don't believe me...just look at my bench table. these three boards are running almost 24/7 testing one thing or another...

Old December 28, 2009, 08:57 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

One question I was gonna ask while I was over was...were those mugshot pictures on the wall there in the Summer? I don't recall them being there.

Oh and those spring rolls gave me indigestion, YAY PEPTO BISMOL :D.
Old December 28, 2009, 09:08 PM

no, those i put up because i was sick of a white wall but there...just a temporary solution, ummm, 3 month temporary solution and counting.

as for the spring rolls...i warned you, something didn't taste right. my iron stomach was fine though so suck it up girlie man.
Old December 28, 2009, 09:52 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Boy, that TRUE on the left looks dusty.
Old December 28, 2009, 09:56 PM
Folding Captain

My System Specs

Quote:
The simple fact that we can mount and run three video cards with the P55 Classified 200 makes it in a class of its own for P55 motherboards. Well, almost, the only other board capable of three way SLI or CF is the EVGA FTW 200, which happens to be very similar to this Classified.
Thanks for another great review, looks like an awesome board if a little over the top for my needs.

Just wanted to mention my Asus P7P55 WS Supercomputer with 5 full-sized slots will also do tri-sli or quadfire.

The slots are also spaced better and don't require the tilting gpu effect to fit four cards.

Would love to see what this Asus could do in the hands of an expert...