Go Back   Hardware Canucks > HARDWARE > CPU's and Motherboards

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old January 10, 2010, 04:37 PM
Banned
F@H

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zero82z View Post
Yes, they can handle 7 cards. It would be kind of pointless if they couldn't, no? ;)

Wait a minute You have to make sure the board will support the load, 7 GPU is a hell of load on the board, if someone want to go with 7, I suggest to use GPU with external Power Connector , at least it will be good to read the documentation of the board manufacturer about it, if such info is available of course

Old January 10, 2010, 04:48 PM
Banned
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkOne View Post
Wait a minute You have to make sure the board will support the load, 7 GPU is a hell of load on the board, if someone want to go with 7, I suggest to use GPU with external Power Connector , at least it will be good to read the documentation of the board manufacturer about it, if such info is available of course

Depends on the cards, but you're right. It wouldn't be safe to use just any seven single-slot cards in this board, because something like a 9800GT without an external power connector would be too much for this board to accommodate seven of. I was just speaking in terms of whether or not the board would support seven cards simultaneously.
Old January 10, 2010, 05:03 PM
Banned
F@H

Zero, I jump on it , because we talk about it the other day , in an other post, about putting 4 GPU
Old January 10, 2010, 05:04 PM
Banned
F@H

My System Specs

Yes, it was a good point to bring up.