Go Back   Hardware Canucks > HARDWARE > CPU's and Motherboards

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old December 22, 2009, 04:23 PM
Hardware Canucks Reviewer

Default London, ON All Call for LGA1366 CPU's!

Sorry guys, the search has been called off. Thanks for the offers and those that contacted me, the support has been great

Last edited by 3oh6; December 22, 2009 at 08:27 PM.
Old December 22, 2009, 04:38 PM
HardwareCanuck Review Editor

I'll one up Jody's offer.

If he deems your CPU worthy, I will send you an Ultra X4 850W PSU that is being used in a review being posted this week AND a Sparkle GT 240 1GB!
Old December 22, 2009, 05:21 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

oh wow, good deal....
Old December 22, 2009, 05:32 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Ive got a C0/C1 here that I can only get to do 3.8ghz Jody. She does 200+bclk fine, but no amount of volts I throw at it (within reason, 1.48 was as high as I tried on the core) will get it stable above 3.8ghz. Ive tried VTT, core, QPI etc. She bluescreens almost immediately on windows load on anything over 3.8ghz.

Im not local, but if you PM me some quick directions on how you ballpark test a 920 for a high IMC I'll give it a whirrl and see if there is any positive feedback. This way I'll save us both time. If it looks promising, I'll mail it out.

PM me what you think.
My Disclaimer to any advice or comment I make;
Quote:
Originally Posted by CroSsFiRe2009 View Post
I'm a self certified whizbang repair technician with 20 years of professional bullshit so I don't know what I'm talking about
Old December 22, 2009, 05:52 PM
MVP
F@H

My System Specs

I've seen your posts here and elsewhere for years so I might be willing to help (but Christmas is a bad time of year).
What area of London do you live in? (PM me if you want = I'm from Woodstock area)
Do you just need me to remove the CPU?
I haven't played with the RAM timings at all with this chip so I have no idea what can be expected of it.
Here is a pic with batch number.
It's "possible" I might be able to get it to you tomorrow daytime. (will give me an excuse to clean dust and add new vluid to my loop over Christmas)
Old December 22, 2009, 05:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayDeeHobbit View Post
I've seen your posts here and elsewhere for years so I might be willing to help (but Christmas is a bad time of year).
What area of London do you live in? (PM me if you want = I'm from Woodstock area)
Do you just need me to remove the CPU?
I haven't played with the RAM timings at all with this chip so I have no idea what can be expected of it.
Here is a pic with batch number.
It's "possible" I might be able to get it to you tomorrow daytime. (will give me an excuse to clean dust and add new vluid to my loop over Christmas)
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v6...bbit/i7pic.jpg
thanks man, i'll have a PM in your inbox shortly. i am simply looking for the CPU if you are fine with taking it out.

for those that aren't comfortable with removing a CPU, you can just bring your whole case in. i'll pull it out, and put it back with a fresh thermal paste application. i'll even clean it out if it is dusty
Old December 22, 2009, 06:31 PM
MVP
F@H

My System Specs

Cool I know that area of town.

I'll remove the CPU and bring it to you tomorrow between 10am and 11am and will Post here if I need to change. (I don't want to take my loop in the car)

Only thing I'm scared of is my ghetto mod waterblock hold down.
NCIX FORUMS - D-Tek FuZion + i7 owners rejoice!
It works but is kind of flimsy and I fear it might not take being taken apart and then not come togeter again... but I've been thinking about replacing it (NCIX seems to NEVER have any good 1366 waterblocks when I make an order )

See ya...
Old December 22, 2009, 06:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayDeeHobbit View Post
Cool I know that area of town.

I'll remove the CPU and bring it to you tomorrow between 10am and 11am and will Post here if I need to change. (I don't want to take my loop in the car)

Only thing I'm scared of is my ghetto mod waterblock hold down.
NCIX FORUMS - D-Tek FuZion + i7 owners rejoice!
It works but is kind of flimsy and I fear it might not take being taken apart and then not come togeter again... but I've been thinking about replacing it (NCIX seems to NEVER have any good 1366 waterblocks when I make an order )

See ya...
sounds good, i'll fire you a PM with details right now.
Old December 22, 2009, 07:41 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

And this is just FYI: Jody isn't a serial killer lol. He is an amazingly nice guy and is very courteous to his guests. Over the summer Jody and I recorded a couple LN2 sessions for the HWC community. Was a lot of fun. He also provided burgers and drinks during my stay. Definitely a fun guy!

This man is in definite need of a high memory clocker because as he's stated in his motherboard reviews, he seems to hit a memory speed wall. His chip just won't budge on ANY motherboard.

Now, I'd let you use my chip if I hadn't have sold my i7 machine. Sorry man! Needed a laptop for some things!

These are the two videos he recorded during my visits:

YouTube - HWC Overclocking: Test 2 - 3DMark05 Run w/ Dual LN2 Pots!

YouTube - HWC Overclocking: 3DMark06 run with i7 920 D0 at 5195 MHz

Hook this man up!
Old December 22, 2009, 08:05 PM
MVP
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by bojangles View Post
And this is just FYI: Jody isn't a serial killer lol.
He is a Serial Killer! Eeeek! That changes things completely! I love my Captn' Crunch!

IIRC I can remember his posts from the past on other sites as well (mobo related at EVGA and camera related from some site/sites I don't recall) so I know some history or I wouldn't have offered :)

Besides = It's Christmas! Good week for me to be nice (try to get on Santa's "good" list for a change) before reverting to being a total A-Hole for the rest of the year
Closed Thread