Go Back   Hardware Canucks > HARDWARE > CPU's and Motherboards

    
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1 (permalink)  
Old September 24, 2007, 10:15 PM
turtletrax's Avatar
Allstar
F@H
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Not in PPC's pocket.
Posts: 542

My System Specs

Cool Just Ordered Gigabyte x38-DQ6 @ NCIX

My good friend Patriote alerted me to NCIX receiving X38 stock so I grabbed one as fast as I could.

http://www.ncix.com/products/index.p...cture=Gigabyte

I am hoping it ws worth the cheddar and basically having very little info on the Quad FSB advantages over P35. I had just sold my 680I and was looking for something to hold onto for as long as possible.

Will have as much info as I can give when I receive it. I might even do a full build log and do it that way.

Cant wait
__________________
"The thing about internet quotes is you can not confirm their validity." - Abraham Lincoln.
Reply With Quote
  #2 (permalink)  
Old September 24, 2007, 10:58 PM
Patriote's Avatar
Hall Of Fame
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Montreal
Posts: 1,167
Default

Thanks for the 680I BTW!
__________________
- Asus P8Z68-V PRO
- Intel I5 2500k @ 4.5Ghz (for now)
- Asus Geforce 580GTX DirectCUII Fermi
- 16GB Corsair Vengeance Low Profile
- Ultra X3 1000 Watt
- Asus Xonar DX 7.1 \ Klipsch Promedia 2.1 THX
- Corsair Vengeance 1300 Gaming Headset
- Crucial M4 SSD 128GB \ WD Caviar Black 1TB
- CoolerMaster 690II Advanced
- Dell UltraSharp 24''
- Noctua NH-D14
Reply With Quote
  #3 (permalink)  
Old September 24, 2007, 11:02 PM
enaberif's Avatar
Hall Of Fame
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Calgahree, AB
Posts: 10,637
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by turtletrax View Post
My good friend Patriote alerted me to NCIX receiving X38 stock so I grabbed one as fast as I could.

http://www.ncix.com/products/index.p...cture=Gigabyte

I am hoping it ws worth the cheddar and basically having very little info on the Quad FSB advantages over P35. I had just sold my 680I and was looking for something to hold onto for as long as possible.

Will have as much info as I can give when I receive it. I might even do a full build log and do it that way.

Cant wait
Glad you went from the 680i to the x38 instead of jumpin into the p35 hype. Personally I think too many people ventured to quickly into the p35 chipset while the x38 was hot on its heels.

Your gonna have to keep us updated on how that board performs tho I have no plans to drop my 680i until another board or chipset comes out that will support SLI again.
Reply With Quote
  #4 (permalink)  
Old September 25, 2007, 02:05 PM
turtletrax's Avatar
Allstar
F@H
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Not in PPC's pocket.
Posts: 542

My System Specs

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by enaberif View Post
Glad you went from the 680i to the x38 instead of jumpin into the p35 hype. Personally I think too many people ventured to quickly into the p35 chipset while the x38 was hot on its heels.

Your gonna have to keep us updated on how that board performs tho I have no plans to drop my 680i until another board or chipset comes out that will support SLI again.
Time will tell if it is a wise decision. I am hoping that the performance is hindered by bios prematurity and that it was to help DDR3 sales off the bat. There is just no way I am going to spend quadruple the cash for DDR3 ATM.

Not a huge fan of Gigabyte, but I have to admit it is based on the hideous board colors. Since it was the first available X38 board and I was in dire need of a mobo, I relaxed my point of view on estetics.

I might wait to see who had the best X38 DDR2 board and sell the DQ6. It is most likely going to be my last foray into enthusiast hardware, so I would really like to LOVE my final board.

I will be back with results :)
__________________
"The thing about internet quotes is you can not confirm their validity." - Abraham Lincoln.
Reply With Quote
  #5 (permalink)  
Old September 25, 2007, 02:42 PM
b1lk1's Avatar
Hall Of Fame
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Lindsay, Ontario
Posts: 2,515

My System Specs

Default

That DQ6 looks like a monster!

As for the P35's, I got mine because it was cheap and I never really intended to go dual cards, although I would still do it even with the second slot @ 4X. Most of the features the X38 support do not relate to my current hardware so it wasn't really worth the wait for me, but if I had the $$$ to spend, that DQ6 is a tasty piece. I had the original 965P DQ6 and it was an incredible board. I have no doubt that this will be one of the best if not the best X38's made.
__________________
MY HEATWARE
Reply With Quote
  #6 (permalink)  
Old September 27, 2007, 01:11 PM
turtletrax's Avatar
Allstar
F@H
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Not in PPC's pocket.
Posts: 542

My System Specs

Default

Board should show up today as FedEx has shipment listed as today by 5:00PM. I should at least have some pics for this evening.

Hoping to have it all looped up for Saturday. Then the fun begins. I was running out of FSB on the 680i at the 9x multi so I am hoping I have more left in my Q6600. I am shooting for 4.1Ghz+, and I think it should be possible with a 12 phase power regulation

Then it is time for Crytek to relase Crysis. I guess all I can hope for is them not to delay it anymore
__________________
"The thing about internet quotes is you can not confirm their validity." - Abraham Lincoln.
Reply With Quote
  #7 (permalink)  
Old September 27, 2007, 03:28 PM
Patriote's Avatar
Hall Of Fame
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Montreal
Posts: 1,167
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by turtletrax View Post
Board should show up today as FedEx has shipment listed as today by 5:00PM. I should at least have some pics for this evening.

Hoping to have it all looped up for Saturday. Then the fun begins. I was running out of FSB on the 680i at the 9x multi so I am hoping I have more left in my Q6600. I am shooting for 4.1Ghz+, and I think it should be possible with a 12 phase power regulation

Then it is time for Crytek to relase Crysis. I guess all I can hope for is them not to delay it anymore
Hell yeah! They need to stop the delays! Man, i fi can hit just what you had your Q6600 running at with my Dual GTXs, it'll eat anything i trow at it! And Vista X64 better be good! BTW: I received the 680I today
__________________
- Asus P8Z68-V PRO
- Intel I5 2500k @ 4.5Ghz (for now)
- Asus Geforce 580GTX DirectCUII Fermi
- 16GB Corsair Vengeance Low Profile
- Ultra X3 1000 Watt
- Asus Xonar DX 7.1 \ Klipsch Promedia 2.1 THX
- Corsair Vengeance 1300 Gaming Headset
- Crucial M4 SSD 128GB \ WD Caviar Black 1TB
- CoolerMaster 690II Advanced
- Dell UltraSharp 24''
- Noctua NH-D14
Reply With Quote
  #8 (permalink)  
Old September 28, 2007, 05:36 PM
turtletrax's Avatar
Allstar
F@H
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Not in PPC's pocket.
Posts: 542

My System Specs

Default

Right Patriote!!! :)

Sorry for the review delay guys...

Just had a Baby Boy

Should be back to semi-normal in a couple days , I will have the reveiw up soon
__________________
"The thing about internet quotes is you can not confirm their validity." - Abraham Lincoln.
Reply With Quote
  #9 (permalink)  
Old September 28, 2007, 05:49 PM
sswilson's Avatar
Moderator
F@H
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Moncton NB
Posts: 14,639

My System Specs

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by turtletrax View Post
Right Patriote!!! :)

Sorry for the review delay guys...

Just had a Baby Boy

Should be back to semi-normal in a couple days , I will have the reveiw up soon
Congratulations!!!!!!

I trust Mom & turtletrax jr. are doing well?
__________________
MSI Z87I Gaming AC / i7 4770K / 2X 4G Gskill 1866 DDR3 / XFX XTR 750 / EVGA GTX 680 SC+ 2GB / Intel DC S3700 200G / random 160G Sata HDD
Inwin 904 / Swiftech MCP655-b / Alphacool NexXxos XT45 120 Rad / 2X Scythe GT AP-15 / EK Supreme HF / Dell UltraSharp U2412M

Asrock AM1H-ITX / AM1 Athlon 5350 / 2X4G Gskill PC3-14900 / Intel 6235 Wi-Fi / 90W Targus Power Brick / 320G Seagate Momentus / Mini-Box M350 / 1X 22" Dell IPS / 1X 22" HP
Reply With Quote
  #10 (permalink)  
Old September 28, 2007, 06:01 PM
Patriote's Avatar
Hall Of Fame
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Montreal
Posts: 1,167
Default

Already told ya this a few mins ago on msn but, again, CONGRATS MAN!
__________________
- Asus P8Z68-V PRO
- Intel I5 2500k @ 4.5Ghz (for now)
- Asus Geforce 580GTX DirectCUII Fermi
- 16GB Corsair Vengeance Low Profile
- Ultra X3 1000 Watt
- Asus Xonar DX 7.1 \ Klipsch Promedia 2.1 THX
- Corsair Vengeance 1300 Gaming Headset
- Crucial M4 SSD 128GB \ WD Caviar Black 1TB
- CoolerMaster 690II Advanced
- Dell UltraSharp 24''
- Noctua NH-D14
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Back ordered my arz Krixxer Off Topic 0 December 19, 2007 10:51 PM
Gigabyte P35 is available at NCIX! Misoprostol CPU's and Motherboards 30 June 24, 2007 03:13 PM
New Mobo ordered!!!! Can't wait!!!! :) sswilson CPU's and Motherboards 68 June 1, 2007 10:06 PM