Hardware Canucks

Hardware Canucks (http://www.hardwarecanucks.com/forum/)
-   CPU's and Motherboards (http://www.hardwarecanucks.com/forum/cpus-motherboards/)
-   -   i7 920 + Evga Sli Le... Slow Boot :/ (http://www.hardwarecanucks.com/forum/cpus-motherboards/25761-i7-920-evga-sli-le-slow-boot.html)

JORD4N November 22, 2009 07:16 AM

i7 920 + Evga Sli Le... Slow Boot :/

Oh yeah my cpu worked after i droped it but i seem to be getting slow boots it takes up to 33seconds to even see the windows 7 orb loadup thing and about 12seconds to hit the desktop once i see it.
When i turn on my vaio i see the orb right away but my rig takes so long to even get to the orb thing :blarg: Win 7 Ulti 64Bit is this normal ?

http://img695.imageshack.us/img695/3316/rig.png

Just to confirm Orby thing = This

http://z.about.com/d/pcsupport/1/0/c...-install-1.jpg

gingerbee November 22, 2009 07:34 AM

go through your bios and turn off what you not using most of it sounds like post not boot

JORD4N November 22, 2009 08:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gingerbee (Post 290553)
go through your bios and turn off what you not using most of it sounds like post not boot

I dont understand :shok:

Squeetard November 22, 2009 08:22 AM

It's these friggin evga x58 boards, they take forever to POST(power on self test). That 33 seconds is the mobo sorting its shit out. 12 seconds is windows loading. I have the same board.

gingerbee November 22, 2009 08:27 AM

up to the point of the orb those are just bios checks called post ( power on self test making sure everything works on the board and too see what's connected ) if you have any other on-board controllers that may not need to be on ( like the time out on hd's is normally set to 30 seconds you can lower this ) i don have your board but have heard about a slow post issues you can check the evga forums ( looking for info for ya )

gingerbee November 22, 2009 08:29 AM

@ squeetard are all evga x58 boards slow post ( you have the sli LE ) I thought my gig posted slow 33 seconds that's long my post is less 20 for sure never timed it
EDIT google it theres lots of people with this problem so slow post it seems is normal for evga x58 boards good to know looking at buy one soon ha ha

JORD4N November 22, 2009 09:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gingerbee (Post 290563)
@ squeetard are all evga x58 boards slow post ( you have the sli LE ) I thought my gig posted slow 33 seconds that's long my post is less 20 for sure never timed it
EDIT google it theres lots of people with this problem so slow post it seems is normal for evga x58 boards good to know looking at buy one soon ha ha

Allright thanks, atleast i know its not just me :thumb: I thought it might of been a cpu falling like 1m issue guess not :rofl:
When you say hdd timeout 30seconds what does that mean :whistle:
The thing inside msconfig ?

Squeetard November 22, 2009 10:06 AM

I have the non-classified evga board. And it takes forever to post. You can watch the LED readout on the board doing its thing, when it reads 26 I get a beep, then it loads the intel raid and pauses, then it loads the jmicron controller and pauses, finally starts loading windows.

mbzastava December 7, 2009 04:59 PM

same issue as OP

i also just put together my new system. using an evga x58 sli LE board with an intel i7-920, Samsung gen2 SSD for the OS, and 6gb of 1600ddr3. needless to say, i was expecting this thing to finish booting before i lifted my finger off of the power button, but it does in fact take forever to post.

i want to add that i am pretty experienced with tweaking my bios for quick boots, and i'd like to point out that the option for "Quick Post" that used to be available within the bios is no longer there. I've tried all the settings i thought were hindering my post times, but to no avail.

This is where things get wierd. (ugh i wish i knew how to quote in this forum) The previous poster mentioned the "Beep" which usually signifies the start of the post process. every computer i have ever built up until this one, beeps within the first 2 seconds of power-up, and then post proceeds. what is wierd with this board is that it takes about a good 15 seconds or more before you even get to the beep, after which, post actually flies by within another 5 seconds. then another 10 seconds to load windows (i don't even see the secondary loading/logon (no password) screen its so fast!)

so what is the hangup at the start of power up? why does it take 15 seconds for the board to even begin posting? i want my friggin ultra fast bootup that i paid for! hopefully its something firmware can fix, if not i'd like to know asap so i can exchange the board while its still eligible for RMA...

sometimes from a cold start (i.e. computer was off all day while i was at work) the computer won't post at all... it wouldn't beep, it would just sit there with no video output and with an error code on the MB LED that i was too impatient to read. i just flipped the switch behind the PSU to off and on, then tried powering up again which worked. if not for the 15 second delay waiting for post... WTH!

ayah December 7, 2009 05:11 PM

Slow as living hell to boot so I just leave my computer on. (Bad for the environment, but meh!)