Hardware Canucks

Hardware Canucks (http://www.hardwarecanucks.com/forum/)
-   CPU's and Motherboards (http://www.hardwarecanucks.com/forum/cpus-motherboards/)
-   -   Real Temp or Core Temp or Ai Suite (http://www.hardwarecanucks.com/forum/cpus-motherboards/25666-real-temp-core-temp-ai-suite.html)

Jhayman November 19, 2009 12:38 AM

Real Temp or Core Temp or Ai Suite

Just built my i7 920 System
cooling the i7 with Corsair H50 water..
Now Real Temp and Core Temp show a max temp of 55-56 Degrees Primeing for hours..
Asus AI Suite shows a max temp of 65-66 Degrees primeing for hours..
Which one is correct, all programs are default settings no touching tjmax or anything..
I'm assuming those temps are good.?
Thank You

Jake_HT November 19, 2009 01:20 AM

Realtemp is what I would trust, especially if it's reading the same as coretemp. Those are generally the most accurate programs..

I have the same motherboard as you, and RealTemp is most accurate for me. Plus at stock speeds, you shouldn't be seeing anything in mid 60's.. at 100% load at 3.8Ghz I'm just hitting 70c on air.
And yes those temps are okay. You've got lots of headroom coming out of the 50's..

Jhayman November 19, 2009 02:41 AM

Thanks Jake_HT...
Those temps are running Prime95 like it says..
at stock my temps are only 36-40 at idle
I am going to start OC'ing but I want to install Windows 7 first..
Any tips for OC'ing have you raised cpu voltage at all or ram voltage?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jake_HT (Post 289483)
Realtemp is what I would trust, especially if it's reading the same as coretemp. Those are generally the most accurate programs..

I have the same motherboard as you, and RealTemp is most accurate for me. Plus at stock speeds, you shouldn't be seeing anything in mid 60's.. at 100% load at 3.8Ghz I'm just hitting 70c on air.
And yes those temps are okay. You've got lots of headroom coming out of the 50's..

gingerbee November 19, 2009 03:54 AM

real temp for me too

burebista November 19, 2009 04:27 AM

Guys you are Canadians so you should use RealTemp. :canadianwave:
For me RealTemp is THE monitoring software for Intel CPU's (and I don't say that only because I'm one of Kevin's beta testers :biggrin:).

Fudd Rucker November 19, 2009 05:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jake_HT (Post 289483)

This is my first intel so bare with me here, are you saying my machine idling 40 and hitting 62 max under load @ 4.2ghz on my i5 is normal? Ive yet to run into a single problem with my setup and overclock, i just thought the temps were a bit on the high side.

burebista November 19, 2009 05:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fudd Rucker (Post 289508)
[...] are you saying my machine idling 40 and hitting 62 max under load @ 4.2ghz on my i5 is normal?

Nope, it's not normal, it's perfect. :thumb:
Relax and enjoy your rig.

Fudd Rucker November 19, 2009 05:27 AM

Thats a kick in the teeth lol, i just blew about 200 on my watercooling kit to try and bring the temps down a bit further.That just means I can OC this chip a whole lot more then.

burebista November 19, 2009 05:35 AM

Man, just not to say same things again I've made a post here and I was seconded by Kevin (RealTemp author).
Maybe so you'll be less worried by Intel temps.

gingerbee November 19, 2009 06:19 AM

no kidding so many worried about high temps. don't be is jmho
@fudd rucker you got it that means if you choose you can go for some big numbers or just run real cool