Go Back   Hardware Canucks > HARDWARE > CPU's and Motherboards

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old November 28, 2009, 03:53 PM
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobbyLou View Post
Thanks

Yah, I looked it up on Wikipedia and the xfi MB software seems to be only entertainment mode...
Good Review. Noob to the boards here but am looking at getting this board as well. Any additional comments you can provide on the included sound card? I am parting out my old system and have a X-fi Gamer PCI version. Debating whether or not to sell it and just use the included SupremeFx card. Curious if I would even be able to tell the difference between the two.
Old November 28, 2009, 10:57 PM
Hall Of Fame

nice board but
no lotess socket

evga e760 +920 4.8 water5.0+ on phase linx stable
gtx285 tri-sli
dfi ut-p35 lt
e8600@4.6 1.38v
too much ram
Old November 30, 2009, 10:42 PM
Associate Review Editor

Quote:
Originally Posted by cbb77 View Post
Good Review. Noob to the boards here but am looking at getting this board as well. Any additional comments you can provide on the included sound card? I am parting out my old system and have a X-fi Gamer PCI version. Debating whether or not to sell it and just use the included SupremeFx card. Curious if I would even be able to tell the difference between the two.
That's too subjective for me to really give you a definitive answer.

However, unless you consider yourself an audiophile, I think that you'll be satisfied with the SupremeFX card.
Old December 1, 2009, 05:00 PM
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAC View Post
That's too subjective for me to really give you a definitive answer.

However, unless you consider yourself an audiophile, I think that you'll be satisfied with the SupremeFX card.

Thanks. I'm thinking it will probably be good enough as well. Now just need to offload my old setup so that I can pull the trigger on this.

Thanks