Go Back   Hardware Canucks > HARDWARE > CPU's and Motherboards

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old October 23, 2009, 10:37 AM
Top Prospect

Default CPU temps?

Hey guys,

I just finished my first build yesterday and have a question about the cpu temps.
I have an evga x58 3x sli motherboard, intel i7 920, and a cooler master hyper 212+ to cool it.

Here are my temps at idle with NO overclocking. Are these temps too high? Also cpu cores 1 and 3 are alwasy 1-3 degrees hotter than 1 and 2, why is that?

I will post build pics later.
Old October 23, 2009, 11:39 AM
F@H

My System Specs

They are alright idle temps but what really will matter is your full load temps
Old October 23, 2009, 12:12 PM
F@H

My System Specs

As Arinoth said, Load temps really do matter, however it is perfectly normal to have Cores a few degrees off from each other. My Core 2's in both my Old build and HTPC had ones that were around 4 degrees difference at times.
As well even when your computer idles it does have a minimum useage of one or two cores so that can make for the difference as well.

ST

"We know not why he calls for us, only that when he does we must answer" - DMP 2009

"Dear Iceberg, I am sorry to hear about global warming. Karma is a bitch. Signed - Titanic"

I would rather believe and find god doesn't exist than to not believe and find that he does.

www.realhardwarereviews.com
Old October 23, 2009, 12:26 PM
Top Prospect

Ok thank you both. Is there a tool that lets me test my load temperatures?
Old October 23, 2009, 12:41 PM
F@H

My System Specs

Use the latest Version of CoreTemp and Prime95 to put full load on the cores.

That will get you a good idea of what your Load temps will be like.

Regards,
ST

"We know not why he calls for us, only that when he does we must answer" - DMP 2009

"Dear Iceberg, I am sorry to hear about global warming. Karma is a bitch. Signed - Titanic"

I would rather believe and find god doesn't exist than to not believe and find that he does.

www.realhardwarereviews.com
Old October 23, 2009, 12:47 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Prime95, OCCT, Intel Burn In.
Old October 23, 2009, 01:36 PM
Allstar

My System Specs

I've found that LinX is a really good program to make your CPU scream (crash quickly if it's not stable)
OCCT is a pretty good tool too, you can compare the load graph to temp graph, etc.