Go Back   Hardware Canucks > HARDWARE > CPU's and Motherboards

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old November 11, 2009, 03:26 PM
Banned
F@H

you may have something shorting someplace, it's does not means it's the board.... for the sticker I find it free accusations.

Last edited by MarkOne; November 11, 2009 at 03:41 PM.
Old November 11, 2009, 03:35 PM
MVP
F@H

My System Specs

You're telling me that I'm going to have to RMA my RMA? I even asked them on the support ticket if they were sending me a board that works and I got the answer "the replacement 780i was tested before it was shipped out and it is fully functional." So now I'm going to have to spend another $20 to send this back to them and hope they send me one that works?
Old November 11, 2009, 03:42 PM
Banned
F@H

read back my post I edit the missing " not " the way I see it I'm not even sure the first board was defective. You don't post any trouble shooting you use to come to the conclusion the first board was defective.
Old November 11, 2009, 03:46 PM
MVP
F@H

My System Specs

Yes, you don't think it was defective but XFX did. They tested it and found it faulty and sent me another board.
Old November 11, 2009, 03:49 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by redwagon View Post
You're telling me that I'm going to have to RMA my RMA? I even asked them on the support ticket if they were sending me a board that works and I got the answer "the replacement 780i was tested before it was shipped out and it is fully functional." So now I'm going to have to spend another $20 to send this back to them and hope they send me one that works?
I would triple check your setup first. Make sure all your standoffs are 100% screwed in, the board isnt flexing somewhere, etc.

Also make sure you do a 100% minimum boot-up. 1 stick of ram, gpu, cpu, no hdd/dvdroms or other ad-ins.

Cover all your angles so you dont waste your time and money RMA'ing it again if its a PEBKAC error.
My Disclaimer to any advice or comment I make;
Quote:
Originally Posted by CroSsFiRe2009 View Post
I'm a self certified whizbang repair technician with 20 years of professional bullshit so I don't know what I'm talking about
Old November 11, 2009, 04:02 PM
MVP
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sagath View Post
I would triple check your setup first. Make sure all your standoffs are 100% screwed in, the board isnt flexing somewhere, etc.

Also make sure you do a 100% minimum boot-up. 1 stick of ram, gpu, cpu, no hdd/dvdroms or other ad-ins.

Cover all your angles so you dont waste your time and money RMA'ing it again if its a PEBKAC error.
The thing is, it won't give me any beeps at all. I start up and all the fans spin, except the video card fan and then it just sits there. Even if I try to boot with no RAM, i won't get the no RAM beep.

I've taken it out of the case and put in on a phonebook and tried clearing the CMOS with the battery removal and the jumper, still nothing. Same problem as my first board.
Old November 11, 2009, 05:02 PM
Banned
F@H

You jump to fast to the conclusion ...like your sticker story..... I say I'm not even sure....you have to use a trouble shooting method.. you say : same problem as before.. I guess you use the same cpu, and PSU did you do what Saga said... did you try without GPU, and with an other GPU... the GPU fan don't work ? and what if the GPU have a short , burn the first board and this one too.. Dead CPU may also make the board not beep

Quote:
Originally Posted by redwagon View Post
Yes, you don't think it was defective but XFX did. They tested it and found it faulty and sent me another board.
Old November 11, 2009, 05:02 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

OK, now this sounds like a GPU problem. Do you have a spare graphics around laying around? If the fan isn't spinning, there could be a ground somewhere.