Go Back   Hardware Canucks > HARDWARE > CPU's and Motherboards

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old August 28, 2007, 09:05 PM
Hardware Canucks Reviewer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neil90 View Post
Do you have spare processors to use or anything? Or do you have other ways of updating it? Yea, when I first saw your posts and profile you do look like a good person and what not, it's just the whole random person on the internet kind of thing, plus im new to the forums. By the way, do you charge people to do it?
at any given time i can have a half dozen processors or more, just depends on what day of the week it is. you don't even want to know how many motherboard boxes i can see in my place right now from where i am sitting. even if i don't have a batch of CPUs i am going through, i will always have my golden little E6600 that can get a BIOS updated on that board no problem.

no charge, just keep it in mind next time you have the opportunity to help someone.

in the end, you likely will be able to POST and run the system with the E6750 like jdrom17 said, but if you don't get POST...i got ya covered.
Old August 28, 2007, 09:13 PM
Rookie

Ah alright. I have helped people in the past with computer stuff, not really with anything physical though, just helping them find which parts are compatible and what not. What do you think the chances of it working without the updated bios are?
Old August 28, 2007, 09:18 PM

always hard to say but if i were a betting man, which i am, i would put my last dollar on 80%+
Old August 28, 2007, 09:22 PM
Rookie

I like those odds : D. Also, on a completely random note, you have an amazing pacman score
Old August 28, 2007, 09:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neil90 View Post
Also, on a completely random note, you have an amazing pacman score
yes, i am a loser, thanks for pointing it out...they don't let me play anymore since i got that silly reviewer title
Old August 28, 2007, 10:26 PM
Rookie

That's the only one I can play, when I go to the arcade it says I can't because of the group I'm in, I guess it's because I'm new? Also, they just don't want you to beat them
Old September 2, 2007, 12:10 AM
Rookie

Well, I ordered all of the parts, can't wait for them to get here, will be my first time building a computer. I do know how though, I've taken mine apart and what not.
Old September 16, 2007, 04:28 PM
Rookie

The computer is built, and everything went great, thanks for the help, and thanks 3oh6 for offering to help me with my motherboard if it didn't work