Go Back   Hardware Canucks > HARDWARE > CPU's and Motherboards

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old October 1, 2009, 06:36 AM
F@H

My System Specs

Default The only thing that bugs me about P55/Lynnfield

Well before I took my unexpected leave I had done a lot of research on the latest and greatest from Intel.
With it I saw many concept and engineering boards for display.
They all had one thing in common, at least at that point.
And that was Intel's Braidwood Technology.
With the Launch of Lynnfield I was hoping to at least stumble across the first offerings in this field, and yet there is nothing.
I think it would have been the right step for Intel and yet it hasn't happened yet.
Hopefully in the future we can see this show its face on the next gen i5/i7 boards.

Anywho, just a small rant from me.

ST

"We know not why he calls for us, only that when he does we must answer" - DMP 2009

"Dear Iceberg, I am sorry to hear about global warming. Karma is a bitch. Signed - Titanic"

I would rather believe and find god doesn't exist than to not believe and find that he does.

www.realhardwarereviews.com
Old October 1, 2009, 09:58 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

They said they were scrapping braidwood about midway into the P55 development cycle. P55 does not support it. Most mobos you can still see the spot where braidwood would have gone. There is a P55 revision down the pipe (P57 iirc) that Intel is saying will contain the tech.

I still have FUD about the technology to be honest. Its just a cache more or less thats going to move the bottleneck of HDD xfers down the line somewhere else. My guess is a ssd will still be better.
My Disclaimer to any advice or comment I make;
Quote:
Originally Posted by CroSsFiRe2009 View Post
I'm a self certified whizbang repair technician with 20 years of professional bullshit so I don't know what I'm talking about
Old October 1, 2009, 11:33 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Enh. Braidwood is kind of stupid if you ask me. SSDs should take helm of speed and boot-times first, and then I think we should implement an onboard expansion spot for super fast boot-times.
Old October 2, 2009, 05:11 AM
F@H

My System Specs

Hmmm guess thats what happens when you take 2 months away from the world lol. I never knew they scapped the idea on the P55.

I still think its good Tech that I'd like to see in the future.

ST

"We know not why he calls for us, only that when he does we must answer" - DMP 2009

"Dear Iceberg, I am sorry to hear about global warming. Karma is a bitch. Signed - Titanic"

I would rather believe and find god doesn't exist than to not believe and find that he does.

www.realhardwarereviews.com