Hardware Canucks

Hardware Canucks (http://www.hardwarecanucks.com/forum/)
-   CPU's and Motherboards (http://www.hardwarecanucks.com/forum/cpus-motherboards/)
-   -   CPU Temp?? (http://www.hardwarecanucks.com/forum/cpus-motherboards/2342-cpu-temp.html)

BALISTX August 22, 2007 10:48 AM

CPU Temp??
 
Using both Core Temp and NVIDIA Monitor I am showing a huge difference in my CPU temps. Which one do you think is more accurate.

Here is the CPU at idle

http://www.hardwarecanucks.com/image...c435f52868.jpg

Here is the CPU under load.

http://www.hardwarecanucks.com/image...c435f5403d.jpg

As for cooling I have a stock AMD X2 HSF that has been lapped and my case has two 120mm case fans 1 intake in front and 1 exhaust on the rear and 1 80mm intake on the side.

Patriote August 22, 2007 11:36 AM

What are your ambient temps ?

I think Coretemp is reading good. I'm getting almost the same exact temps with a stock X2 heatsink as well.

BALISTX August 22, 2007 11:45 AM

Ambient temp in the room is around 22 C . I have not checked the temp inside the case yet.

Patriote August 22, 2007 11:51 AM

Coretemp is correct IMO.

Eldonko August 22, 2007 12:11 PM

yea, the coretemp temps looks about right.

BALISTX August 22, 2007 12:41 PM

That's what I was figuring.

Do you think I might get lower temps if I remove the 80mm fan from the side? Could it be messing with the front to back airflow. How the fan is positioned so that is is blowing air over the RAM above the CPU.

Eldonko August 22, 2007 02:06 PM

Could be, just give it a try.

enaberif August 22, 2007 02:19 PM

that nvidia thing is total crap.

90% of the time rely on the bios the other 10% rely on coretemp or something simliar.


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 10:32 PM.