Go Back   Hardware Canucks > HARDWARE > CPU's and Motherboards

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old September 8, 2009, 02:32 PM
Rookie

Default AGP dilema

Hello

As the title suggests i have an issue with an AGP graphics card. The card works wonders, the issue is that the mother board is rather old, as is the cpu and ram.
Does anyone knows of a recent motherboard, something that can run at least a Core 2 duo or an AMD equivilent and take an AGP Card?

Nick
Old September 8, 2009, 03:05 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Try an Asrock board; not sure which one to be honest.. someone else may know specifically. But honestly; just upgrade the video card :) You can get a super cheapo PCIe that if you're fine on an AGP you'll be fine with the PCIe.
DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in the immediately preceding post are those of encorp and do not reflect the views and/or opinions of family, friends, or anyone remotely associated with encorp unless explicitly stated. encorp does not make any warranty, express or implied, or assumes any liability or responsibility for the quality, factuality or use of information in the immediately preceding post.
Old September 8, 2009, 07:47 PM
Allstar

My System Specs

Yeah for as low as 30$ you could get something to outperform the agp card. If you are considering new mobo, even integrated graphics might beat an agp card (depending what it is). My old ATI 9700 pro couldn't play oblivion like the radeon 3200 on my MB.
Old September 8, 2009, 07:57 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

I agree with others, go with a mobo with integrated if you do not want to purchase a new GPU yet. The higher end integrated GPUs will possibly be better than your AGP card.