Go Back   Hardware Canucks > HARDWARE > CPU's and Motherboards

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old August 16, 2009, 04:33 PM
Top Prospect

My System Specs

Default Help with temps!

Hi everyone my computer is really getting toasty for it first summer. I've been using the stock fans in cm690 and a Scythe S-FLEX SFF21G 75cfm as top exhaust fan and a Xigmatek s1283 HSF with stock fan. I was planning get 5 new arctic cooling 12025 fan + Antec Spot Cool for NB :
1 front intake, 1 side intake, 1 rear exhaust, 2 exhaust top, 1 at bottom intake, xiggy exhausting facing up and Antec Spot Cool for my NB or are there better solutions? Oh just wondering is there way find out the SB temp? So what do you guys think would this help lower the temps ?

THANKS AGAIN GUYS!

Ambient temp: 32c
CPU: 42c idle and load is peaking at a whooping 61c
Chipset/NB: 56c idle and 67c at load (seems really hot)
GPU: 43c idle and 52 load
CPU-Z Intel i7 2600k 4.6

HEATWARE:Tao

Last edited by ITaoI; August 16, 2009 at 05:03 PM.
Old August 16, 2009, 05:04 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by ITaoI View Post
Hi everyone my computer is really getting toasty for it first summer. I've been using the stock fans in cm690 and a Scythe S-FLEX SFF21G 75cfm as top exhaust fan and a Xigmatek s1283 HSF with stock fan. I was planning get 5 new arctic cooling 12025 fan + Antec Spot Cool for NB :
1 front intake, 1 side intake, 1 rear exhaust, 2 exhaust top, 1 at bottom case (not sure exhaust or intake), and Antec Spot Cool for my NB or are there better solutions? Oh just wondering is there way find out the SB temp? So what do you guys think would this help lower the temps ?

THANKS AGAIN GUYS!

Ambient temp: 32c
CPU: 42c idle and load is peaking at a whooping 61c
Chipset/NB: 56c idle and 67c at load (seems really hot)
GPU: 43c idle and 52 load
I assume its the rig in your sig?

Temps dont seem that bad. cm690's are okay for airflow. I dont know if just upping the number of fans will really drop your temps that much more to be honest. 1283 is a good heatsink. As long as the air isnt just sitting in the case, you might see a couple degrees at most by adding more.

Just get a good solid intake, and exhaust location. Play with locations before you start adding more fans.

Or, if you really wanna make a difference, go water!
My Disclaimer to any advice or comment I make;
Quote:
Originally Posted by CroSsFiRe2009 View Post
I'm a self certified whizbang repair technician with 20 years of professional bullshit so I don't know what I'm talking about
Old August 16, 2009, 05:20 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sagath View Post
1283 is a good heatsink. As long as the air isnt just sitting in the case, you might see a couple degrees at most by adding more.

Or, if you really wanna make a difference, go water!
If you go to a higher cfm fan on the cpu cooler it will help. Go for 65 cfm or higher if you can stand the noise. I just bought a a Scythe 110 cfm fan for my 212+ and it knocked off 2-3C right away. I put on a Scythe 65 cfm pull fan and knocked off 2C more. The sound is tolerable (to me) and I know the CM690 case is fairly good at absorbing sound.

As Sagath recommends, I will be trying water next.