Go Back   Hardware Canucks > HARDWARE > CPU's and Motherboards

    
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
  #11 (permalink)  
Old January 17, 2007, 07:10 PM
sizerkozak's Avatar
Top Prospect
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Oshawa Ontario
Posts: 87
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Babrbarossa View Post
w.o.w.!:eek: I wish I could see it in person. so many questions..
What's the propane tank for? Does the water tank use some sort of agitator to move the liquid through the cold coils? You say that you run a second coil through the tank which runs to your cooling system-- does this mean that you don't just use the cold solution in the tank to pump through the system?
The tank you see was refrigerant to fill the system

Im not doing the extra coil anymore... im directly circulation the bath at -5C

Im
__________________
QX6700
ASUS P5N32-E SLI
BFG 8800 GTX
OCZ DC 2048MB PC8500 1066MHz DDR2 SLI
RaptorX 150GB 10K RPM
Three LGL1919S & 3HeadToGo
BFG 1000w
-20C Liquid Chiller
Rig Pics and Stats
Water chiller project
Monitor mod
Reply With Quote
  #12 (permalink)  
Old January 17, 2007, 07:11 PM
sizerkozak's Avatar
Top Prospect
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Oshawa Ontario
Posts: 87
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Babrbarossa View Post
w.o.w.!:eek: I wish I could see it in person. so many questions..
What's the propane tank for? Does the water tank use some sort of agitator to move the liquid through the cold coils? You say that you run a second coil through the tank which runs to your cooling system-- does this mean that you don't just use the cold solution in the tank to pump through the system?

Thanks man,,,the white tank in the pic is a cylinder of refrigerant for filling the system...im not using the extra coil...im circulation the bath liquid now..-5C..nice and chilly...

Im stuck... i cant find where to by Denatured alcohol :(
__________________
QX6700
ASUS P5N32-E SLI
BFG 8800 GTX
OCZ DC 2048MB PC8500 1066MHz DDR2 SLI
RaptorX 150GB 10K RPM
Three LGL1919S & 3HeadToGo
BFG 1000w
-20C Liquid Chiller
Rig Pics and Stats
Water chiller project
Monitor mod
Reply With Quote
  #13 (permalink)  
Old January 17, 2007, 10:22 PM
Misoprostol
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Wow. This looks incredible. I'd love to have you make a cabinet like that for my chiller.... That said, I don't know if I'm actually ever even going to use mine again, so if you wanted a pump, I picked up a really nice Little Giant pump that I could let go for slightly less than I paid (it's basically new). Let me know.
Reply With Quote
  #14 (permalink)  
Old January 17, 2007, 10:58 PM
Gav's Avatar
Gav Gav is offline
Administrator
F@H
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Canada
Posts: 1,350

My System Specs

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Misoprostol View Post
That said, I don't know if I'm actually ever even going to use mine again, so if you wanted a pump, I picked up a really nice Little Giant pump that I could let go for slightly less than I paid (it's basically new). Let me know.
Dump it in the FS section?
Reply With Quote
  #15 (permalink)  
Old January 18, 2007, 03:40 AM
sizerkozak's Avatar
Top Prospect
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Oshawa Ontario
Posts: 87
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Misoprostol View Post
Wow. This looks incredible. I'd love to have you make a cabinet like that for my chiller.... That said, I don't know if I'm actually ever even going to use mine again, so if you wanted a pump, I picked up a really nice Little Giant pump that I could let go for slightly less than I paid (it's basically new). Let me know.
Sure...is it a submersible ? 1/2" ? and how much?
__________________
QX6700
ASUS P5N32-E SLI
BFG 8800 GTX
OCZ DC 2048MB PC8500 1066MHz DDR2 SLI
RaptorX 150GB 10K RPM
Three LGL1919S & 3HeadToGo
BFG 1000w
-20C Liquid Chiller
Rig Pics and Stats
Water chiller project
Monitor mod
Reply With Quote
  #16 (permalink)  
Old January 29, 2007, 08:01 PM
sizerkozak's Avatar
Top Prospect
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Oshawa Ontario
Posts: 87
Default

Im still workin away on this guys...im using the laptop right now as my main machine is still not up and running.

I have the waterblock and insulation all done and mounted...tommorow i will add the coolant and fire it up....took me all weekend to get the motherboard,lines and waterblock properly insulated so i can bring it down to -20 if needed. Pump is installed and i added a overload breaker to the system.

hang tight ...final pics only a day away !!
__________________
QX6700
ASUS P5N32-E SLI
BFG 8800 GTX
OCZ DC 2048MB PC8500 1066MHz DDR2 SLI
RaptorX 150GB 10K RPM
Three LGL1919S & 3HeadToGo
BFG 1000w
-20C Liquid Chiller
Rig Pics and Stats
Water chiller project
Monitor mod
Reply With Quote
  #17 (permalink)  
Old January 30, 2007, 02:25 PM
sizerkozak's Avatar
Top Prospect
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Oshawa Ontario
Posts: 87
Default

Jan 30 - Finally i get to fire this puppy up !! what a pain... i had so many memory errors...motherboard kept giving me errors 1d and 29
I actually called EVGA support and worked with one of there techs...finnaly he said RMA the board cause the memory controller was shot...so i filled out the request.
Then i thought id give it one more try...tossed the CPU water block back on...litterly...didn't carfully align anything and boom...it fired up
Its running at 12C idle and 24C full load on all cores....not what i was hopping for...but maybe if i (carefully) mount the WB and the Arctic silver has time to do its thing it may drop...if not i guess i can turn the chiller down to -20C...its running at -5C now.
By the way The chiller is nice and quiet thanks to the enclosure. i may even add 2" of acoustic insulation to see if that helps dampen the fan noise even more.




__________________
QX6700
ASUS P5N32-E SLI
BFG 8800 GTX
OCZ DC 2048MB PC8500 1066MHz DDR2 SLI
RaptorX 150GB 10K RPM
Three LGL1919S & 3HeadToGo
BFG 1000w
-20C Liquid Chiller
Rig Pics and Stats
Water chiller project
Monitor mod
Reply With Quote
  #18 (permalink)  
Old January 30, 2007, 02:36 PM
Babrbarossa's Avatar
Hall Of Fame
F@H
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: New Brunswick
Posts: 3,673

My System Specs

Default

Incroyable! OC! OC! OC! Have you tried it yet? I suppose that the promised quadcore bottleneck fix that evga has promised hasn't come out yet (has it?).

I bet that once its been running a while and the tubing has cooled down that it will actually go down in temperature a little. Thanks for keeping us posted- very interesting!

Almost a shame to have all that cooling on the cpu and no extra on the chipset-- I bet that would help-- have you reseated the nb and sb using as5 yet?
Reply With Quote
  #19 (permalink)  
Old January 30, 2007, 03:14 PM
sizerkozak's Avatar
Top Prospect
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Oshawa Ontario
Posts: 87
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Babrbarossa View Post
Incroyable! OC! OC! OC! Have you tried it yet? I suppose that the promised quadcore bottleneck fix that evga has promised hasn't come out yet (has it?).

I bet that once its been running a while and the tubing has cooled down that it will actually go down in temperature a little. Thanks for keeping us posted- very interesting!

Almost a shame to have all that cooling on the cpu and no extra on the chipset-- I bet that would help-- have you reseated the nb and sb using as5 yet?

Nope they havent fixed that limitation yet :(
Im Oc'd at 30% right now...running ORTHOS max temp i have seen is 26C
im going to redo the WB seat and i will do the NB and SB with as5 at the same time....just need a break from ripping this apart for a while...time to play !
__________________
QX6700
ASUS P5N32-E SLI
BFG 8800 GTX
OCZ DC 2048MB PC8500 1066MHz DDR2 SLI
RaptorX 150GB 10K RPM
Three LGL1919S & 3HeadToGo
BFG 1000w
-20C Liquid Chiller
Rig Pics and Stats
Water chiller project
Monitor mod
Reply With Quote
  #20 (permalink)  
Old January 30, 2007, 03:32 PM
Top Prospect
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 54
Default

That is an impressive rig, thanks for the pictures it would be difficult to visualize the great work you've done without them.
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Tec water chiller using Apogee gt's kirk_d Water Cooling 1 February 25, 2008 01:36 PM
My First Ever Water Cooling Project zlojack Water Cooling 37 February 6, 2008 09:10 AM
Large project James_8970 HTPC Systems & Software 6 January 9, 2008 10:44 PM
Project "Oscar the Grouch" - the $500 gaming PC project. Jmac Case Mods, Worklog & Gallery 3 January 5, 2008 01:08 AM
BALISTX'S 939 Project BALISTX Case Mods, Worklog & Gallery 55 September 26, 2007 05:23 AM