Go Back   Hardware Canucks > HARDWARE > CPU's and Motherboards

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old July 8, 2009, 11:21 AM
F@H

My System Specs

All I'm saying is make sure you have a good fan mounted where the one is shown in the picture I linked. That cooler harbor fan supplied by Biostar is junk. Don't let the bad fan ruin your enjoyment of a good board, though. I'd still have mine if I hadn't gone i7.
Old July 8, 2009, 11:43 AM
Hall Of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by SugarJ View Post
All I'm saying is make sure you have a good fan mounted where the one is shown in the picture I linked. That cooler harbor fan supplied by Biostar is junk. Don't let the bad fan ruin your enjoyment of a good board, though. I'd still have mine if I hadn't gone i7.
Well.. I get you now.. apologies on the confusion..

As for the biostar fan, sure is junk, the original one and a replacement they sent me, both stopped working.. Currently I am on water.. now I'm still trying to decide if I'll transfer the water setup in my Gigabyte case or use air..

If I do use water... I would need some kind of airflow on that mofset area.. coz' then the exhaust wouldn't be pulling much air outside..

But thanks for the comments/suggestions guys.. I appreciate the assistance :)
Samsung 931BW 19" LCD, Logitech MX Revolution
Old July 8, 2009, 02:29 PM
F@H

My System Specs

Don't forget the common misconception that watercooling = no fans. You still need air movement to help cool your components that don't have blocks on them. I currently have 9 fans in my WC'd Cosmos. Quiet ones to be sure, but still a lot of fans.