Go Back   Hardware Canucks > HARDWARE > CPU's and Motherboards

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old July 3, 2009, 10:02 AM
Associate Review Editor

Default ASUS Maximus II GENE P45 mATX Motherboard Review

Hey everyone, we have just posted a review of the compact ASUS Maximus II GENE, which is a microATX Intel P45 motherboard that caters to the enthusiast community. Although a little late to the party, this is solid product for those who want to build a small high performance system and who aren't quite ready to make the jump over to the Core i7-powered Rampage II GENE.

If you have any comments and questions, you can post them here here, and I will do my best to answer them

Old July 3, 2009, 11:00 AM
F@H

My System Specs

Nice work MAC.

On the gaming benchmarks page, the section labelled Company of Heroes has a graph labeled World in Conflict. Sorry, I notice these kinds of things.
Old July 3, 2009, 11:20 AM
Associate Review Editor

Quote:
Originally Posted by SugarJ View Post
On the gaming benchmarks page, the section labelled Company of Heroes has a graph labeled World in Conflict. Sorry, I notice these kinds of things.
I definitely should have noticed that

Fixed!
Old July 22, 2009, 06:49 AM
Associate Review Editor

Judging by the feedback (ie: lack thereof), it's clear that ASUS released this board way too late
Old July 22, 2009, 06:59 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Yeah, I think you're correct there MAC. It's all about i7 and i5 now :(. Nonetheless this is a great mATX board!
Old July 22, 2009, 02:12 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

yeah its a great motherboard but I dont know what they where thinking about holding it back this long... and I thought the 790i digital released late.

BF BC2: Bishop_SHIFT, Steam: Realityshift84, Xbox Live - SHIFTEDone84 ... Come play.