Go Back   Hardware Canucks > HARDWARE > CPU's and Motherboards

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old May 7, 2009, 11:06 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

i just notice those I7 can only take 67.9C You guys sure are pushing those I7 to the edge (C0 stepping specs, cant seem to find the D0 spec yet)

Those megahalem heatsinks might help
Old May 7, 2009, 11:57 PM
Top Prospect
F@H

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5ILVgeARX View Post
i just notice those I7 can only take 67.9C You guys sure are pushing those I7 to the edge (C0 stepping specs, cant seem to find the D0 spec yet)

Those megahalem heatsinks might help
67.9C is the IHS temp, not the individual core temp. The cores can take a much bigger beating.
Old May 8, 2009, 12:11 AM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

I agree totally with you "5"....my Core temps at 3.83 Ghz under full P95 load never get above 65c...these guys going to +80c are living on the edge as far as i'm concerned....at $400 a Chip...to get from 4 Ghz to 4.2 Ghz ...wtf.....?

Quote:
67.9C is the IHS temp, not the individual core temp. The cores can take a much bigger beating.
then go for it.....show me your Vantage scores going from 4 Ghz to 4.4 Ghz......hardly worth it my friend....

I had my lowly "CO Stepping Chip" P95 stable at 4.2 Ghz (on air)......no problems at all...the vCore required is irrelevant when you consider my load temps were 83c...whats the point?
My Vantage Score from 3.8 Ghz to 4.2 Ghz was +800 Mks.....who shivs a git...the bottom line is do you feel comfortable with these load temps.....I certainly don't!
As said...imo..unless your cooling with water the whole "DO Stepping" has been blown wayyyy out of proportion....also...I really do hope your running DDR3 @2000 Mhz to take ful advantage of those high clock speeds...if your running 1600Mhz...gaain...whats the point?

Last edited by rjbarker; May 8, 2009 at 12:26 AM.
Old May 8, 2009, 08:17 AM
Hardware Canucks Reviewer

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjbarker View Post
As said...imo..unless your cooling with water the whole "DO Stepping" has been blown wayyyy out of proportion..
alright, enough is enough, we get it...you think D0's are blown out of proportion. why are you trying to piss on everyone's excitement?

was everyone in your Classified threads telling you the board is over hyped and useless unless you were running LN2? no? why, because people were happy you were excited about your over priced step up that gained you absolutely nothing but e-peen. let others do the same with their D0's and quit pissing in the pool already. your point as been made, move on.
Old May 8, 2009, 08:25 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

+1 for 3oh6

you forgot to talk about his tri sli project.... :)

Sold hardware again.....
Currently using WHS hardware....
Old May 8, 2009, 09:06 AM
Top Prospect

Default d0 available

Hey i got my D0 at Soho Diffusion. Will put that baby in tonight. Will post results tommorow.

Here is the link

BX80601920 D0 SLEBJ - INTEL CORE I7-920 STEPPING D0 SLBEJ 2.66GHZ 8MB CACHE LGA-1366 4.8GT QPI - Sohodiffusion.com

I know they got it at NCIX also.
Core i7 920(D0) @4.0 1.212v | Gigabyte EX58-UD3R | OCZ Gold 3x2GB CL8 | Silverstone FT01-BW | TRUE 1366-RT | eVga GTX275 FTW (713/1512/1260) | Corsair TX850w | Hitachi 500GB | Seagate 7200.11 750GB | Dual Screen (Dell 2208wfp & Viewsonic VP930b)
Old May 8, 2009, 11:46 AM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

Quote:
was everyone in your Classified threads telling you the board is over hyped and useless unless you were running LN2? no? why, because people were happy you were excited about your over priced step up that gained you absolutely nothing but e-peen. let others do the same with their D0's and quit pissing in the pool already. your point as been made, move on.
Quote:
+1 for 3oh6

you forgot to talk about his tri sli project.... :)
I apologize guys....really...I wasn't trying to rain on anyones parade...sorry if it came across that way..really

Old May 8, 2009, 05:28 PM
Rookie

Canada Computers is now getting i7 920 with D0 stepping. Got one at their Waterloo store $359. Checked with the Hamilton store and Infonic in Mississauga and they had none.
Old May 8, 2009, 05:38 PM
Top Prospect
F@H

Quote:
Originally Posted by maddogatc View Post
Canada Computers is now getting i7 920 with D0 stepping. Got one at their Waterloo store $359. Checked with the Hamilton store and Infonic in Mississauga and they had none.
Yeah... Hamilton had like 6 C0's when i went there this week. They won't have any D0' soon.
Infonec in Mississauga had some stock last week. I picked up 2. They sell really fast though.

As for running the cores at 80C... it's not a big deal. You have to keep in mind that unless you're folding 24/7 using up all the cores, you will never run all cores at 100%.
As for the performance difference between 4Ghz and 4.4Ghz... who cares? We're enthusiasts. The whole point of these D0's is to see how far we can push these chips. It's a hobby. It's fun. :)

Last edited by netforce; May 8, 2009 at 05:43 PM.
Old May 8, 2009, 05:40 PM
Associate Review Editor

Quote:
Originally Posted by maddogatc View Post
Got one at their Waterloo store $359.
Can you tell us what the FPO/Batch # is?