Go Back   Hardware Canucks > HARDWARE > CPU's and Motherboards

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old May 4, 2009, 09:50 PM
Associate Review Editor

Quote:
Originally Posted by netforce View Post
Checked Canada Computers. They don't have them. Infonec is getting a new shipment tomorrow. Crossing fingers it's a D0.
I CALL DIBS!!!
Do you have an Infonec store near you?
Old May 4, 2009, 10:14 PM
Top Prospect
F@H

No, but i might drive to mississauga if they have it.
Old May 5, 2009, 06:25 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3oh6 View Post
i'll run over to Mega tomorrow and see when Lun is getting more in and can fire one out to you when he does if you are still looking. i have to get some info about his new DNS name servers anyway. the site is showing 0 stock right now but he will likely have a couple more soon.

what week did you get Bojangles? i got mine from Mega too, i live right there and use to work at the store. i did the web site in fact and still help Lun out with it once in a while. if you need any help clocking your system just let me know. i am downtown and not working so available pretty much any time these days. wouldn't be a problem for you to swing over with the system to work out some kinks.
Wow, I just noticed you live in London . Dude that would be amazing if you could help me out getting this thing to run. Unfortunately my 1366 Noctua adapter kit hasn't been shipped yet so I can't start working on that part yet. On top of that, my RAM seems to run pretty warm, like what it says in the review. I'll need to zip tie a fan in the spare 5.25" bays to get some airflow closer to the sticks (I'm using a CM690).

As for the i7, I bought it on Saturday. I wasn't even looking for a D0 either. Lun (I thought his name was Alan? Oh wait, A-Lun ) always seems to have the latest parts because he keeps low stock on most things, refreshing regularly. I like the way he thinks. His prices may be a little more, especially when including the taxes, but he's a great guy to deal with.

I'll send out a PM to you 3oh6 and perhaps we can set up a convenient time. Oh, and if you do perhaps see inside my case, don't mind the half-decent cable management. A dremel tool session is in progress . Perhaps we can make an overclocking tutorial with pictures for the HWC members?
Old May 5, 2009, 07:41 AM
Hardware Canucks Reviewer

Quote:
Originally Posted by bojangles View Post
I'll send out a PM to you 3oh6 and perhaps we can set up a convenient time.
that sounds good. like i said, i am literally locked up here at home working on reviews so i am around all the time...until about June
Old May 5, 2009, 07:43 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Sounds great! Now if only Direct Canada would ship my order...it's only one item!
Old May 5, 2009, 08:53 AM
MVP

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by netforce View Post
Checked Canada Computers. They don't have them. Infonec is getting a new shipment tomorrow. Crossing fingers it's a D0.
I CALL DIBS!!!
Thanks for the tip, which Infonec did you call? There are a few in GTA I think.
Old May 5, 2009, 11:22 AM
Top Prospect

This has got to be the worst most disappointing thread title ever. If you got a d0, overclock the darn thing. If you got a d0 and you don't even overclock it, its darn worse than making a thread and saying I c0 and overclocking it.

You might as well put this thread in the hot deals section.
Old May 5, 2009, 11:33 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by sheepdogexpress View Post
This has got to be the worst most disappointing thread title ever. If you got a d0, overclock the darn thing. If you got a d0 and you don't even overclock it, its darn worse than making a thread and saying I c0 and overclocking it.

You might as well put this thread in the hot deals section.
Whoa, take it easy there man. I can't overclock it yet because I don't have my heatsink adapter kit yet. I suggest reading through the thread. It tells you exactly what I'm going to be doing with my D0. I'm waiting on my adapter kit for my Noctua heatsink before I OC. The thread will be updated with overclock results when I get the chance to. 3oh6 may be helping me out on this.

Down boy!
Old May 5, 2009, 12:32 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Well it looks like DC's stock indicator was broken over the weekend. It's unavailable. I guess this should be a time to buy a TRUE 120? HEHE.
Old May 5, 2009, 12:35 PM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

Not really sure I see the benefits of the DO Stepping over a CO Stepping if you're only planning on Air Cooling....for the most part, on Air (TRUE Push / Pull) the CO's are reaching 4Ghz without too many problems, what exactly are you hoping to achieve with the DO on Air? I would assume that your limiting factor will be heat and will, at best, be 4.2 Ghz...

Now obviously a WC system would be a whole new ballgame and I would most definitely see the benefits of the DO Chip!