Go Back   Hardware Canucks > HARDWARE > CPU's and Motherboards

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old April 22, 2009, 08:48 PM
Hardware Canucks Reviewer

Default EVGA X58 3X SLI Classified LGA 1366 Motherboard Review Comment Thread

It is big, it is powerful, it is the new i7 bully on the motherboard block...and it is finally here at HardwareCanucks.com!

We tried to jam as much as we could into the review but if there is something you want to see more of, this is the thread to let us know. This board has been nothing short of impressive from the moment we opened the package. Memory overclocking, processor overclocking, layout, the Classified does it all, and it handles the cold like a dream. Check out the review below...

Last edited by SKYMTL; April 22, 2009 at 09:00 PM.
Old April 22, 2009, 08:56 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

Is it me, or is it linking to the same page?
Edit: bad spelling
Old April 22, 2009, 09:00 PM
Hardware Canucks Reviewer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phobia View Post
Is it me, or is it linking to the same page?
Edit: bad spelling
nope, it's not you...i suck. fixed
Old April 23, 2009, 12:00 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Conclusion

We are well into the life cycle of the Intel X58 chipset and have seen a good number of motherboards hit the market. Most of the X58 segment is directed at the high-end and thus, most of the motherboards have been in the $300+ range offering plenty of power, features, and abilities. At the beginning of the review today we described the Classified as the man that the X58 3X SLI grew into. This couldn't have been stated any better. It offers more features, my power, and more abilities. The EVGA X58 3X SLI Classified is everything that EVGA had wanted it to be...the best motherboard the X58 chipset has been on.
LOL. I love that typo. It sounds like they put part of your OC soul into the board!

Nice review by the way. The overclocking section was superb. I still don't think this board is worth the money over others though...but it sure damn looks sexy. E-peen anyone?
Old April 23, 2009, 12:02 AM
Allstar
F@H

My System Specs

What a fantastic well written article 3oh6. The classified is one sexy looking, feature rich board and I really got a sense of how much fun you had putting it through it's paces with LN2. I have no idea how much Liquid Nitrogen goes for but it sounds costly, then again the EVGA Classified seems to rightfully deserve the caviar treatment. Once again I applaud your attention to detail and thorough examination of this top shelf motherboard. Dam good read!
Old April 23, 2009, 12:57 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

lol by the end there 3oH6 you were on cloud nine, fanstatic review.

Its clearly a board not meant for intermediate user like myself, I will likely go pretty mainstream when I move to an i7.

Regards,

EE
Old April 23, 2009, 02:15 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

My goodness, nice review.

This is gonna worth its weight liver and arms

Zephyranthes
E8400 4.0ghz, XFX 780i, Mushkin XP2 PC-6400, Antec Earthwatts 750W

Old April 23, 2009, 02:26 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Now that was a review.
Old April 23, 2009, 07:50 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

I'm half way thru it, but wow. This review makes anandtech review look bad. Ive been reading Anand for a long time now, 8 maybe 10 years. You've covered everything and then some in this review.

Keep it up.

P.S. This board is a monster, and contains probably 3/4 worth of board parts Id never use!
My Disclaimer to any advice or comment I make;
Quote:
Originally Posted by CroSsFiRe2009 View Post
I'm a self certified whizbang repair technician with 20 years of professional bullshit so I don't know what I'm talking about
Old April 23, 2009, 07:51 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

That was a very well done review. There was one thing missing though. What is the impact of the NF200 chip. It would have been nice to see the original vs the classified in a few gaming tests with tri-sli and quad sli. Anyways great review and loved the overclocking section.

Sponsor a child!
Fight poverty.

Qoute by Perineum
"ID10T. I just BETCHA he's got 9 toolbars on his web browser right now."