Go Back   Hardware Canucks > HARDWARE > CPU's and Motherboards

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old June 1, 2009, 06:25 AM
Rookie

Also where does EVGA hide their BIOS files for this 760 mobo? The only link I can find is for the Beta BIOS: E760_S60Z and that is on their forums....
Old June 1, 2009, 08:36 AM
Hardware Canucks Reviewer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Just Learnin' View Post
Can't get past 210 Bclk with any kind of stability with this 760 Classified Non-NF200 board, anyone have a suggestion or two?
not all board/CPU combinations can do over 200BCLK on air. it seems like they all do from the guys posting in forums but most don't post about the chips that don't. and the majority of chips, are never seen by us enthusiasts. post up more information like a screen shot of the highest BCLK you can get stable with CPU-Z tabs (CPU/Mem) open as well as E-LEET on the Voltages tab.

Quote:
Also where does EVGA hide their BIOS files for this 760 mobo? The only link I can find is for the Beta BIOS: E760_S60Z and that is on their forums....
the BIOS files listed in the EVGA forums are the newest. not sure if you can find back dated BIOS files or not from the main site via download links.
Old June 1, 2009, 09:49 AM
Rookie

Thanks for the reply Jody, Screenies in order of appearance: 1) Under load 2) Idle after 6 passes of LinX 3) ELEET settings

Much higher and I get a Blue screen in Win7 after a couple passes of LinX

Using the latest Beta BIOS: E760_S60Z

TRUE with a 140 CFM fan

i7 920 D0

G.Skill 3 x 2gb PC12800 1600 speed
F3-12800CL8T-6GBHK

9800GX2
Old June 1, 2009, 10:14 AM

Step 1...
you might have to adjust VTT/CPU PWM frequency. try a combination of 490/910 or 610/1210 if that doesn't work.

Step 2...
do you have QPI Signal Compensation set to less? if not, set that to less.
also set the MCH strap to 1600 if you haven't already.

Step 3...
if the above two steps don't help, or if they do and you run into a limit later, try these steps in this order.

bump IOH up to 1.3v, see if that helps.
if not keep it there and drop IOH and CPU PLL to 1.5v, see if that helps.
if not keep both there and bump VTT to 1.35v.

HTH and let me know how it goes.
Old June 1, 2009, 10:25 AM
Rookie

Everything was on auto except for the VTT voltage, Vcore voltage, and Vdimm voltage. ELEET shows the Vdimm voltage higher then the 1.66 I set.

I will play with the tips you have given me when I get some time and will post back either way. Really only hoping for at least a 215 Bclk 3D06 run on air

Also would it be worth my while to try out my virgin LN2 Dewar and KingPin F1-EE with what you see here? Or is that something best reserved for a known better chip?
Old June 1, 2009, 10:41 AM

Quote:
Everything was on auto except for the VTT voltage, Vcore voltage, and Vdimm voltage. ELEET shows the Vdimm voltage higher then the 1.66 I set.

I will play with the tips you have given me when I get some time and will post back either way. Really only hoping for at least a 215 Bclk 3D06 run on air

Also would it be worth my while to try out my virgin LN2 Dewar and KingPin F1-EE with what you see here? Or is that something best reserved for a known better chip?
don't worry about what E-LEET shows for voltages. it is off on both EVGA boards by a good margin at times. use the test points with a DMM to measure voltages at idle, but more importantly at load.

BCLK limits come from both the board and/or the CPU. your CPU/board combo could just not like high BCLK on ambient cooling.

haha, chips can be night and day under cold VS air. every chip is worth testing on LN2
Old June 1, 2009, 11:16 AM
Rookie

Quote:
Step 1...
you might have to adjust VTT/CPU PWM frequency. try a combination of 490/910 or 610/1210 if that doesn't work.

Step 2...
do you have QPI Signal Compensation set to less? if not, set that to less.
also set the MCH strap to 1600 if you haven't already.

Step 3...
if the above two steps don't help, or if they do and you run into a limit later, try these steps in this order.
Tried all this so far at 206 Bclk, a known Blue screen setting. The 490/910 VTT/CPU PWM Frequency was not available so I used the 490/940 that was there and instead of a Blue Screen LinX errored out, went to 610/1210 VTT/CPU PWM Frequency and Blue Screened again.

Will stay at 490/940 and move on to:
Quote:
bump IOH up to 1.3v, see if that helps.
if not keep it there and drop IOH and CPU PLL to 1.5v, see if that helps.
if not keep both there and bump VTT to 1.35v.
Old June 1, 2009, 12:19 PM
Rookie

Tried both combos of VTT/CPU PWM Frequency throughout using all these settings and still Blue screens at 206 Bclk in LinX, The Vtt increase got me almost three passes of LinX so I tried another bump on that to no avail as well as a little extra Vcore with the same results.
Old June 1, 2009, 12:46 PM

likely just the BCLK limit of the chip or chip/board combo. could be the board too, might not be...usually the chip. only way to tell now is to put cold on the CPU. my 965 is about exactly the same, can't do much over 203-204BCLK. luckily it has an unlocked multi but 920's with the same limits suck because of the low multiplier.
Old June 1, 2009, 01:34 PM
Rookie

Thanks again for your time Jody Chip did a little better in an Asus P6T Deluxe V2.