Go Back   Hardware Canucks > HARDWARE > CPU's and Motherboards

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old May 21, 2009, 08:20 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjbarker View Post
Damn...too bad you're way over on the other side of the Continent Kruz....I'd enjoy hangin out with you on those builds with a few beers of course!!!
I'd have to let you drink the beers rj, I can't build and drink at the same time or I'll screw up the build

Yeah I was a little pissed because I ordered it last night and the order went all the way and was processed but didn't get shipped I'm still going to complain somewhat only because I have a hard time understanding why it took them so long to discover the typo. I'm going to push for the D0 stepping as compensation, I think that is only fair, if that doesn't fly I'll just cancel and be very leary of the bundles in the future, this is 2nd or 3rd time this has happened in the past few months with a bundle deal.

Old May 21, 2009, 08:40 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by kruzn4evr View Post
I'd have to let you drink the beers rj, I can't build and drink at the same time or I'll screw up the build

Yeah I was a little pissed because I ordered it last night and the order went all the way and was processed but didn't get shipped I'm still going to complain somewhat only because I have a hard time understanding why it took them so long to discover the typo. I'm going to push for the D0 stepping as compensation, I think that is only fair, if that doesn't fly I'll just cancel and be very leary of the bundles in the future, this is 2nd or 3rd time this has happened in the past few months with a bundle deal.
It really does seem NCIX is making these 'mistakes' alot. In recent memory I think you're right, this is atleast the 2nd, and probably the 3rd time something like this has happened.
My Disclaimer to any advice or comment I make;
Quote:
Originally Posted by CroSsFiRe2009 View Post
I'm a self certified whizbang repair technician with 20 years of professional bullshit so I don't know what I'm talking about
Old May 21, 2009, 08:48 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Well oil beef hooked!....I just got an email from NCIX saying my order has been shipped but the mobo is back ordered!!!!.....now I'm REALLY confused because this is the email I got earlier this afternoon:
"We regret to inform you that we have listed the wrong motherboard in the bundle you have purchased. The motherboard that should have been included is SKU#38253, instead of SKU#37317. If you would like this motherboard, we can offer you free shipping on your order as well.
We apologize for the mixup, if there is anything else we can help you with, please let us know.
Thanks
Harley Hutton

and yet they went ahead shipped the order without hearing from me and charged me for shipping!....on the bright side though, it shows they shipped a D0 stepping, not sure what to do now.....anyone want to buy a D0 steppingfor a good price??...lol....I guess I'll call them tomorrow and see what the options are and go from there but this is really crazy!

Old May 21, 2009, 08:48 PM
Allstar

My System Specs

I was about to pay for it when I noticed it was changed earlier today. Is it still a 920 D0?.

Old May 21, 2009, 08:57 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

I think now they HAVE to send me the board that was invoiced and paid for!!...this should be an interesting conversation tomorrow...lol

r0bc?...no, the changed one is a non-D0 chip, at least thats what Linus said earlier.

Old May 21, 2009, 09:07 PM
Allstar

My System Specs

I seen the non NF200 part on the NCIX forum but I couldn't ask about the D0 cause the thread was locked I think.Oh I discovered the typo

NCIX FORUMS - NCIX you changed this - NCIX Gaming Bundle Intel Core i7 920 EVG...

Last edited by r0bc; May 21, 2009 at 10:44 PM.
Old May 21, 2009, 10:56 PM
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3oh6 View Post
turned out to be a typo...but still a decent deal on a non-NF200/920 C0/Corsair combo.

http://www.hardwarecanucks.com/forum...tml#post198420
Oh well.

So I come home from class tonight and what do I find? A package from NCIX! This is going to be a good weekend Just a few parts to pick up from MemX after work tomorrow and it's build time!
Old May 21, 2009, 11:26 PM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

Huh....if no more 759 (they did say Limited Edition)...wonder where we'll be with BIOS support.....not really a huge factor for me at the moment as I'm still running original version.

Old May 24, 2009, 05:09 PM
MVP
F@H

My System Specs

Maybe this is OT but i made some modification on prototype from EK Eddy for this mobo let me know what you think!

I love this design already :up::p:
|::|CPU: i7 920 "D0"@?|::|MOBO: EVGA Classified|::|RAM: 6GB G.Skill Trident ddr3|::|GPU: BFG GTX 275|::|HDD: 2xSamsung F1 1TB|::|PSU: Ultra X3 1000W|::|Sound: Xonar DX|::|Powered by Heatkiller 3.0 LT/EK GTX275/EK Classified/Feser One X-360 TFC|::|Silverstone TJ 07
LCD: Samsung T260 25,5|::|Logitech Z5500
Project: Classified by Hausner - work in progress.
Old May 31, 2009, 07:32 PM
Rookie

Can't get past 210 Bclk with any kind of stability with this 760 Classified Non-NF200 board, anyone have a suggestion or two?

Using the latest Beta BIOS: E760_S60Z

TRUE with a 140 CFM fan

i7 920 D0

G.Skill 3 x 2gb PC12800 1600 speed
F3-12800CL8T-6GBHK

9800GX2

Hope it isn't the mobo.