Go Back   Hardware Canucks > HARDWARE > CPU's and Motherboards

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old April 18, 2009, 08:40 PM
Banned

Default MTB with 2 connector IDE and 4 SATA

HI , did someone have in mind a motherboard with 2 ide connector ( so 2x 2 ide) and at least 4 sata , of course a recent board available for purchase, itís for a special purpose. thanks
Old April 18, 2009, 08:55 PM
F@H

My System Specs

Going to be hard-pressed to find something like that, but we need to know what socket your looking at...

Personally I'd just get one of those PCI IDE cards if you really need that many IDE ports. Another idea, buy those IDE-to-SATA converters and use that.
Old April 18, 2009, 09:10 PM
Banned

Thanks jdrom17, after I post it I look at new eggs, they have a search option with the spec of MTB, and I found few of them , with AMD , the processor is not important , it's for use on my bench, for make clone of hard drive , HD back-up, and files recovery, the reason I want 4 ide, is because the station will have XP and the utility software on a SATA drive and also a sata DVD, but I use extra long wire and place the customer PC neer the station and just unplu the wire from the drive and plug the one from the station, so no nned to remove the HD and set the jumper. it's give me the oportunity to transfer from 1 master to an other. O will order one tomorow an post few pics of the station when build
Old April 18, 2009, 10:01 PM
Allstar

I use a mobo with 1 ide for that purpose with a sata dvd drive. I've never needed a 2nd ide header