Go Back   Hardware Canucks > HARDWARE > CPU's and Motherboards

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old April 4, 2009, 02:22 PM
Top Prospect

Default Asus Rampage II GENE vs Asus P6T Deluxe V2

Hello again everyone, I am in a pickle here and would like some support :)
I am in debate whether to get the Rampage II or P6T Deluxe V2 motherboard. I like how the Rampage II is $60 cheaper and that it comes with SupremeFX
X-Fi 8-Ch HD audio. Any suggestions?

Cooler Master HAF 932 || EVGA X58 3x SLi || Intel Core i7 920@ 3.7GHz || Corsair Dominator 6GB DDR3 1866MHz || EVGA GeForce GTX 275 FTW || Corsair TX850w || Auzentech X-FI Forte 7.1 || Western Digital Caviar Black 1TB || Seagate Barracuda 500gb || Corsair H50 CPU Cooler ||
Old February 25, 2010, 07:47 PM
Rookie

My System Specs

Talking quickie

I have been looking at different motherboards for the past month... researching reviews and personally will be going with the Asus P6X58 Premium, but in your case I have noticed that they have compared the Rampage II Gene to other standard size ATX boards, and found it's just as good or better then most it's compared to. I don't know if this will influence your decision or not, but thought I would throw it out there.
Old February 25, 2010, 08:43 PM
shaw

The Gene is a small-sized tank... I love mine. OC's like a champ. Just slap a fan close to the NB block, and all is fine.
Old February 26, 2010, 01:04 PM
Top Prospect

My System Specs

The RAMPAGE tis smaller and has the sound card [awesome by the way] andits basically like the rampage exreme but smaller. unless u wanna go CF or sli alter then get the otherone. alwayz think of the future use of what you buy, cuz new things come up really fast