Go Back   Hardware Canucks > HARDWARE > CPU's and Motherboards

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old June 12, 2007, 10:52 AM
Rookie

Default Ram compatibilty

I'm about to buy an ASUS P5K mobo to use with an existing E6700 cpu. I currently have 2Gb of OCZ Platinum DDR2 -8ooMHz and am planning to upgrade to ram that is rated to run at 1066MHz. Locally (I prefer to shop in person rather than on the net) my choices are Corsair, OCZ, Mushkin and Patriot. Does anyone have this particular board and if so can you tell me which ram in my list is compatible with this mobo.Thanks
Old June 12, 2007, 11:09 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Those boards are known to have good RAM compatibility so you'd most likely be fine with any of those names. The good thing about buying locally too is that you can exchange it for anotehr kind on the off chance that there is a problem.
Old June 12, 2007, 12:26 PM
Hardware Canucks Reviewer

Pretty much any mem should work fine. If you want to post your options we can make recommendations on what is the best bang for the $.
Old June 12, 2007, 01:56 PM
Rookie

For years I've been a Corsiar fanboy and as I mentioned I'm currently using OCZ...my impression so far is that it's okay...I've pushed it to1000MHz. But I'm kind of curious about Patriot Extreme Performance DDR2 PC2-8500 eased latency 2GB kit. Anyone had any experience with this brand? If so how well does in react to oc'ing?

Then there's Mushkin XP2 DDR2 8500 2Gb kit. Decisions decisions. One of the main considerations is oc'ing. Currently my E6700, OCZ ram and 8800GTS are all oc'ed so thats kind of where I'm coming from.