Go Back   Hardware Canucks > HARDWARE > CPU's and Motherboards

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old March 17, 2009, 07:24 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

For some crazy reason I ad a similar problem, but my HDD was the issue. It was terribly damaged somehow and every time I would boot the computer it would freeze when it checked the SATA ports during POST. I bought a Raptor and it solved my problems...

Try a different HDD as well. Perhaps there's something wrong with that.
Old March 17, 2009, 07:35 PM
Rookie

That's another reason I might think it"s the CPU. It gets high temps in idle and it won't let me overclock it. This motherboard is brand new and I had the same prob with my last board which also was fairly new. So that"s why i don't think it's the motherboard or cmos prob.
Old March 17, 2009, 08:02 PM
Rookie

I already tried 2 other hard drives with the same results and my hard drive works on my wife's computer as well. I'm going to do a test outside the case tomorrow and see what happens and go from there.
Old March 17, 2009, 08:10 PM
Banned
F@H

Using the stock cooler? sometimes the stock cooler will bend the board so much that it will cause boot issues...try reseating the cpu.
Old March 17, 2009, 10:02 PM
Rookie

Actually I'm not using a stock cooler but it does give me an idea. Maybe it is bending the board like you say.I'll look into it. But then again how does it explain that I have to reset cmos to get it to boot after i turn it off and on again?